Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from somebody named Kelly Garcia, offering a catelogue of pirate Mac software. Anyone heard of this person and have any ideass how they could have gotten my email address? My instinct is that it's illegal, a Bad Thing, and very stupid to get involved with.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Auuurrgh matey! Pirates be illegal wherever ya arrrre! That's why they be pirates. Auuuurrgh! :cool:

As for getting your email address...they could get it off of any Mac site you have given your site to that does not keep your email address hidden (including this one).

You can hide your email address by going to the "my profile" section of ehMac.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very clever. Do you own a puffy shirt, too?

Yeah, I considered that. But I haven't posted here in months (the only Mac site I frequent) -- too poor and too busy.

I must say I'm tempted, but the spectre of having Canada Customs and/or Treasury Dept. agents arrive at my door cools my enthusiasm considerably.

·
Registered
719 Posts
check to see if they offer any Microshaft products and if they do, MS would be very happy to hear from you. This is probably too low level of a crime to interest the RCMP or FBI, although you could forward the SPAM to them if you are feeling disgustingly honest. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts