Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Hmm, that's what I see as well - 2.3 GHz. Interesting indeed. Definitely a typo on Apple's part.

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
i'm guessing it's a typo -- there's no mention of 2.3 ghz inside the xserve section. very odd.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Apple fixed it. Now says 2.0 GHz.

Wait a minute... it says 2.3 on Apple Canada, and 2.0 on the U.S site... Apple is slacking on keeping sure the Apple Canada web site displays correct information. :D

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Maybe Apple is playing with the GHz exchange rate.

2.3GHz (Can) = 2.0GHz (US)

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Maybe Apple is playing with the GHz exchange rate.

2.3GHz (Can) = 2.0GHz (US)
LOL!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know, there *has* to be a reason why a web developer went to the trouble to make a .gif that says 2.3 GHz
Its not as simple as a "typo". Someone had to make the image and deliberately set the webpage pointing to it.
I think this is evidence of the coming speed bump.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
You know, there *has* to be a reason why a web developer went to the trouble to make a .gif that says 2.3 GHz
Its not as simple as a "typo". Someone had to make the image and deliberately set the webpage pointing to it.
It's possible, but the developer of the image could of just accidently hit 3 rather than 0. ;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes, that's right. Apple is an equal opportunities employer. Perhaps the web designer was born with fingers roughly four inches wide on each hand?

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
LOL

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
It's possible, but the developer of the image could of just accidently hit 3 rather than 0.
Entirely possible...if s/he was using the number pad on the keyboard, they are all located in the same location...bottom right. Could have ben an easy slip.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Entirely possible...if s/he was using the number pad on the keyboard, they are all located in the same location...bottom right. Could have ben an easy slip.
Could have 'ben' yes...

:D

....but come on man! He/she is working for Apple!! You're telling me you don't go through a proofing session before publishing the final? I think a lot of web devs get complacent because they know they can just instantly re-pub if something goes wrong... They should all work in the print media industry first. You won't get away with any of that here!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts