Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, ma bell finally got something right.
Installing their DSL internet service on OSX.2 was a breeze. Someone there must have looked at the Mac OS and decided not to tinker with a good thing. This was the easiest install ever! Fill in a few windows in the network preference panel and your away. No installing software or anything.
And its pretty fast too. The 10.2.3 COMBO download took 1 hour at 5pm tonight. No way I could do that with my dial up.
I recommend it to all. :cool:
Robert

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
nice to hear. I'm going to back to the office this week to be greeted with some hi-speed bizness. Cannot wait. I've never had to mess with the Bell side of things, so I do hope that it is smooth as creamy Kraft peanut butter. On top of that, I did get a router as well, so I hope.... :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robert:
Well, ma bell finally got something right.
Installing their DSL internet service on OSX.2 was a breeze. Someone there must have looked at the Mac OS and decided not to tinker with a good thing. This was the easiest install ever! Fill in a few windows in the network preference panel and your away. No installing software or anything.
And its pretty fast too. The 10.2.3 COMBO download took 1 hour at 5pm tonight. No way I could do that with my dial up.
I recommend it to all. :cool:
Robert
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
719 Posts
I was an "early adopter" of Bell Swinepatico's HSE. The early days were a bit rough, with drops in service, and a total lack of Mac support. On more than one occasion, I would call, and have to be transfered, only to be told that someone would have to call me back the next day.

But currently it is very stable. I was running Access Manager on my 7600 (9.1) and using Jaguar's built in PPPoE DSL support on my iBook, but now am running behind a FriendlyNet router.

Everything just works.

BTW, if you do with a different DSL provider, be aware that you are still using Swinepatico. Bell is the provider of the actual service. The resellers just look after billing and tech issues. Any hardware issues have to be resolved by Bell.

If you were Bell, and you had to fix a Bell customer's DSL and a reseller's customer DSL, which do YOU think would get fixed first?

And FYI, you can get the DSL/Long Distance bundle from Bell. One bill, no credit card or automatic withdrawls needed, plus 60 minutes of free long distance a month (maybe more, I have forgotten)

On the whole, I am happy with DSL. And I have had far fewer problems than my brother has had with with HP Wintel machine and Rogers.

Britnell

1 - 3 of 3 Posts