ehMac banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
I know you can use iPhoto and PhotoStream cooperatively when it comes to iOS devices.... but what if I wanted to make albums/PhotoStreams online strictly from my iPhoto from pictures I have uploaded from my SLR onto my Mac?

Facebook degrades the quality of the photos and sometimes it would be easier to share them with my family through an online gallery right from iPhoto.

I'm sure Mobile Me and iWeb made galleries possible... But I'm not sure if iCloud does unless it's from an iOS device (public galleries coming with iOS 6 obviously) But what about my Mac?
Coming Soon: Video Overview of Shared Photo Streams in iOS 6 - Mac Rumors

As far as your SLR goes, if you can get them on to your Mac and into iPhoto, you can drag whichever pictures you want into Photo Stream (even if they're older pics).

·
Registered
615 Posts
You can also simply highlight all the pics you want to share, click the share button at bottom right in iPhoto, then click PhotoStream.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just recently setup the Camera Uploads feature of the Dropbox iOS App to copy my iPhone photos to the dropbox. You can then generate a link to the photo folder in dropbox, and send to friends and family. Dropbox automatically renders a good gallery of whatever is in the folder.

To add to that, you can easily manage this folder (or create sub folders) right on the Mac.

I am finding this technique very nice for sharing with friends and family.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
10,314 Posts
I just recently setup the Camera Uploads feature of the Dropbox iOS App to copy my iPhone photos to the dropbox. You can then generate a link to the photo folder in dropbox, and send to friends and family. Dropbox automatically renders a good gallery of whatever is in the folder.

To add to that, you can easily manage this folder (or create sub folders) right on the Mac.

I am finding this technique very nice for sharing with friends and family.

Cheers,
Be aware, however, that when DropBox uploads these photos, they are residing in a folder on your hard drive in addition to the same photos that will load into iPhoto. It's not the most efficient use of hard drive space at present, since you have each photo stored on your HD twice, which can eat up a lot of GB's if you have a lot of pictures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts