Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
I'll be reviewing this peice of software shortly. I don't look forward to rating it down. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Drive 10 with the new update works great for me for defragging and what not, never had any issues with it. Its is a TON better than Norton's which is total crap.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Just an FYI

Techtool Pro 4 will be available shortly and will run native on Mac OS X.

Problems (hopefully) solved for those that need the repair utilities.

I agree with the rest that say Nortons sucks. They do suck indeed. It's too bad they sold out to symantec so many years ago and let their software go to hell on the Mac platform!

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
I still use Norton, but you wont find it installed on my system, I have read too many reports of it breaking OS X. I use it exclusivly from a Boot CD, and I use it primarily for Disk Defragging/Optimisation.

I am looking forward to the new TechTool

--PB

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for my money Tech Tool is still the best diagnostic and repair utility for the buck.

very thorough and a hell of a lot more trustworthy than Norton

I do like Alsoft's Disk Warrior though.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PosterBoy:
I still use Norton, but you wont find it installed on my system, I have read too many reports of it breaking OS X. I use it exclusivly from a Boot CD, and I use it primarily for Disk Defragging/Optimisation. --PB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, me too!
This is exactly how I use it. Not installed and from the CD.

I heard alot of great things about DiskWarrior have not used it since pre-OS X.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.