Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always dragged and dropped into iTunes with my audio files. I have an mp3 file that is not wanting to show. When dragging, I get the plus as though it is being added, but nowhere to be found in my Library. Has iTunes changed the manner of importing files?

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Strange, but I have now found it, not titled as what I had, though. It imported in as the original Voice Memo and not as what I renamed it. I find that strange.

·
Premium Member
15,665 Posts
Nor does some of the later iTunes versions (12.6.x) play some video formats as it used to do and it seems to have dropped a lot of other features that used to work.

I think It's all part of apples "New and Improved" application "Features" That goes along with the Later Mac OS versions as well.

- Patrick
======

·
Registered
361 Posts
YES! I'm answering a year later (but it may help someone else in the future).

I've had this happen a few times and I've found a couple of possible solutions:

1) If the .mp3 has an embedded cover, remove that (I use Tagger to look at the metadata of the .mp3 file and remove the cover that way). Then try to reimport. About 80% of the time, that's the culprit for me.

2) If there's '&' in the artist name or album name or the file name ends with '.MP3', that sometimes screws things up. Try replacing '&' with 'and' or '.MP3' with '.mp3' see what happens.

3) If those things don't work, I find that sometimes getting rid of the 'album artist' tag entry works and then I can import the file.

I have no idea why but with these three options, I've very very rarely had a file spit back at me and not want to play nicely and I have about 78K songs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts