Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dr.G's Den of Doxies is now delivering REAL Jewish chicken soup. So, place your order soon before the stress of Hanukkah (two more nights), Christmas, and our Canadian winter bring on that inevitable cold.

Chicken Soup, n.:
An ancient miracle drug containing equal parts of aureomycin, cocaine, interferon, and TLC. The only ailment chicken soup can't cure is neurotic dependence on one's mother.

·
Registered
993 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dr.G.:
The only ailment chicken soup can't cure is neurotic dependence on one's mother.<HR></blockquote>

That's because chicken soup was developed out of neurotic dependence on one's mother. If you can put my order on the next Newfie Bullet, it might get to me in time for Chanukkah 2003.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fox, I am afraid that the "Newfie Bullet" is no longer. In fact, we no longer have a train service. We were promised better roads and ferry service if the railroads were discontinued, but the promises were never kept by Ottawa or the provincial government. So, Doxiexpress will have to do re your order. They were able to deliver to Macnutt out on Salt Spring Island, BC in 45 minutes, so getting to you will be no problem.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Actually, I saw what's left of the Newfie Bullet over 20 years ago on one of my two visits to Newfoundland. I can't remember where they had it on display - was it Port au Basques? Those were the days! I hitchhiked up there, but didn't make it to Dr.G.land on that trip. Instead, I hitched up the North Arm to the St. Barbe ferry, and then to the end of the road in Red Bay, Labrador. A great adventure! By the way, I was offered Screech by a local on the ferry crossing to Port au Basques so I know the stuff exists. I can't remember if it went down smoothly.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fox, sounds like quite the trek to "The Rock". Screech is still around (I hate the taste!), and is used for a social drink, truck fuel, disinfectent, a cure for typhoid, smallpox and snoring. There are bits and pieces of the Newfie Bullet all over the province.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I know not anything about the "Newfie Bullet"....but I certainly DO know about chicken soup.

This stuff is the magic key to not getting sick!!

I don't care what ANYONE says....about three times a week I make a serious chicken stock (bones and bits of veggies) and then I make a soup out of it. I throw in a bunch of raw vegetables and add a few oysters and some crab. Maybe even some salmon and and a few clams or mussels. Whatever is available out here at the time.

Oddly enough...I haven't been to the Doctor since 1984 and have only experienced three sick days since 1999.

If you haven't checked out Kosher food...then I would invite you to do so. It's about FOUR THOUSAND YEARS OLD and desrves a bit of notice., It WORKS!!

Tired of getting colds asnd the flu? Then try eating the way that the ancients did.

It sure works for me! :cool: :D

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
I know not anything about the "Newfie Bullet"....but I certainly DO know about chicken soup.

This stuff is the magic key to not getting sick!!

I don't care what ANYONE says....about three times a week I make a serious chicken stock (bones and bits of veggies) and then I make a soup out of it. I throw in a bunch of raw vegetables and add a few oysters and some crab. Maybe even some salmon and and a few clams or mussels. Whatever is available out here at the time.

Oddly enough...I haven't been to the Doctor since 1984 and have only experienced three sick days since 1999. NONE before that time.....

Oddly enough...I never get headaches or tummy aches. The last time I took a Tylenol was about seven years ago. I'm not sure if it's the Scots genes or the good diet...

My younger brother (who is a crab fisherman) has been trying his level best to kill himself with booze and drugs and hard living for about twenty years. So far...he has NOT succeeded. He is as healthy as a horse....despite all of his efforts.

I once told him to switch to an all-kosher regime. He laughed and said that his diet consisted of " seafood, bacon and chocolate milk" and he told me that he was not likely to change in the near future!

Two out of three can't be all bad!

If any of you haven't checked out Kosher food...then I would invite you to do so. It's about FOUR THOUSAND YEARS OLD and deserves a bit of notice., It WORKS!!

Tired of getting colds and the flu? Then try eating the way that the ancients did.

It sure works for me! :cool: :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Macnutt, I strongly agree. From sea to sea to sea, here in Canada, Chicken Soup reigns supreme!!!!!!!1

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Chicken Soup is evil.
Chicken Soup like all other evil liquids has an oily surface, and contains the mutilated remains of an animal. Along with long strands of grain that could be spaghetti if they were dried out properly. Just look at when someone working hard, gets a cold, and drink the stuff, they spill it and the oh so hot contents, scald themselves and then proceed to sue Campell's. Chicken Soup and computers don't mix either, so I can't agree with it as a cure-all (except for PCs), pouring the chicken soup in to a computer to fix its ailments, is not a smart alternative to finding out that you need a Mac or need to get your simple problem fixed on ehMac.

Just thought, I'd give an interesting viewpoint on Chicken Soup... mind you it does taste good ;)

Then again, why are we talking about chicken soup?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chealion, Macnutt and I use the term "chicken soup" to refer to homemade chicken soup. My grandmother, who was Jewish and born in Russia, made the real thing. This chicken soup is NOT out of a can. It is a labor of love. In fact, Macnutt and I will be attempting to clone my grandmother's recipe. We will have cured the common cold, and be awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine. Thus, we shall enter the saga of great scientists -- Banting and Best, Watson and Crick, the Wright Brothers, the Currie's and now, Macnutt and Dr.G. From sea to sea to sea, school children throughout the land will curse our names, but parents will bless us every time they do not have to keep a child home with a cold.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.