Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I picked up a 16 GB black 3GS on Saturday at the Apple Store for $399, on a 3-year agreement and only a $15/month voice plan (with Fido). I'm quite pleased. :)

However, I have a question. I set up my Gmail account on the phone through IMAP. Is it possible to have it download and retain *all* messages in my Inbox? The maximum I can set seems to be "200 Recent Messages." Offline access to my e-mail is important to me, mainly for search purposes.

I actually tried hitting "Load More Messages" until I got to the first of over 3000 messages, but Mail seems to "forget" anything beyond 200 when I check back later.

I have considered trying POP3, but I use that exclusively for Outlook on one of my PCs (using it on the phone as well would create a mess of things).

Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Funny how different people are. I made sure that this couldn't happen. I only want to see the minimal number on my iphone and let my MBP handle the bulk.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure you can go to "more" at the bottom of the list. You can also search them through google or spotlight. Not really an answer, I know.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, I didn't make my question very clear. My goal is to have offline access to all of the e-mails, and be able to search offline. I find that same functionality invaluable when using my laptop on the go, to be able to quickly find previous correspondence and to bring up attachments. Having it on the iPhone would be a huge plus for portability.

No, I do not have a data plan, just the voice plan mentioned above. I understand a data plan would add much value to the phone, but Wi-Fi is sufficient for when I need it. When (if) Fido has cheaper plans in the future, I will consider one then.

Thank you all the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.