Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Down/Upgrade to iTunes 4.01?

• No way Jose. I like iTunes as-is thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow ehMac-ians, in light of the new "features" listed for iTunes 4.01 (i.e., a sad goodbye to streaming outside of your subnet), I'm curious to know if anyone or everyone is adopting it.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I voted no, cuz I just haven't upgraded yet.

Since I don't really do any streaming either, I doubt I'll avoid upgrading, I'm just lazy this week.

:cool:

·
Registered
933 Posts
Just FYI: You can have the "best" of both worlds. If you drag iT4.0 out of its folder and stick it elsewhere and then install iT4.0.1 you will have both apps on the HD.

If you want to share, launch 4.0, if you want better audio ripping to AAC, launch 4.0.1. Pas de probleme

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Hey Mycatsnameis,

Can you have both versions running at the same time? It might be possible in OSX.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I haven't tried personally (haven't the need, I was conveying Jim Heid's experience) but I think it is very likely. After all I've successfully used two different versions of Acquisition simultaneously (just d/l'ing back ups of tunes I already own of course ;) ).

·
Registered
316 Posts
The standard is that the most recent version of the app runs "over top" of the previous ones but if you want the features of the previous one you can use it. For example, QT stopped letting you edit and save around version 4. If you installed and opened QT2..5, you would have the best of both worlds - the new features and the ability to edit and save. Doesn't seem to work in the new version of QT though, I may have to buy the pro version or run an extensions setting without the QTplugin and straight download.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts