Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TheStar.com - News - Lightning blasted IPod-wearing jogger

"The man, who played in a church orchestra and was listening to religious music on an IPod while he ran, was injured when lightning struck a nearby tree, then snaked out to zap him as well.

His eardrums were ruptured, his jaw fractured and he suffered first- and second-degree burns from his chest – where the device was strapped – up into his ear channels, along the trail of the IPod's trademark white earphones. He also had burns down his left leg and on the foot, where the electricity exited his body, blowing his sneaker to smithereens in the process."

"As for the offending IPod, well, it was "damaged beyond repair. Absolutely burned to a crisp," Heffernan said."

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
TheStar.com - News - Lightning blasted IPod-wearing jogger

"The man, who played in a church orchestra and was listening to religious music on an IPod while he ran, was injured when lightning struck a nearby tree, then snaked out to zap him as well.

His eardrums were ruptured, his jaw fractured and he suffered first- and second-degree burns from his chest – where the device was strapped – up into his ear channels, along the trail of the IPod's trademark white earphones. He also had burns down his left leg and on the foot, where the electricity exited his body, blowing his sneaker to smithereens in the process."

"As for the offending IPod, well, it was "damaged beyond repair. Absolutely burned to a crisp," Heffernan said."

appears God doesn't like iPods or religious music
;)

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Be nice if lightening strikes were covered by APP. ;)

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
"God was just reminding him who is in charge." Yes, Steve Jobs.

·
Premium Member
3,175 Posts
I feel for the victims, but find myself wondering why they are out jogging during a thunderstorm. Perhaps the iPod could come with a warning "Do not use if you lack common sense".

·
Registered
781 Posts
I guess he was "Thunderstruck"
Actually, it was the lightning that did it. Thunder is just the sonic boom following the lightning strike. :lmao: Just poking fun. :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts