Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten this error twice on two separate occasions- when synching Pocket Quicken and when using the Send To Handheld droplet in my Palm folder. How would I deal with this as the adminstrator? Not sure why I am getting this error.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is what I hve been getting in my HotSync log:

Loading “Install Conduit”
Conduit “Install” version 3.0.0
Sync type is Install/Restore
- Unexpected error number -5000
synchronization failed
Install synchronization failed
'Install' failed (error = You do not have the necessary access privileges. See the administrator for assistance.)

Anyone have any words of wisdom on this one?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Did you install the software fresh or copy it over from another Mac? I've had similar problems with World of Warcraft. After I bought my new MBP I copied my WoW folder over to the MBP. It worked fine until a patch was released and it couldn't apply the patch. All of the permissions on the folder and applications were incorrect. Reinstalling WoW and then reapplying all the patches takes WAY too long so I went to the trouble of going into the application bundle and changing the permissions manually. It fixed my problem, but it was a huge hassle and reinstalling would have been easier (but WAY longer). Repair permissions did not work, either (in fact, this only works if the app was installed using Apple's installer). Maybe reinstall the software?

Trev

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I seem to have fixed all the problems I've been having. I checked in my Documents-Palm User-Install Files folder on my G5 (which was synching fine) and saw an SD card folder there. I copied it over to my MacBook in the same place and the synching is working fine. Not sure why the SD card folder wasn't there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts