Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

601 - 620 of 625 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,506 Posts
Now if only someone could just wipe out and delete the last three posts and maybe this thread could carry on "normally", if such a thing even exists here any more.

Unfortunately it seems to be a bit contagious…

·
Registered
17 Posts
Now if only someone could just wipe out and delete the last three posts and maybe this thread could carry on "normally", if such a thing even exists here any more.

The thread is continuing "normally". The norm for this place is for someone new to post something, have the people with 10k+ posts crap on you about it and then the newer people leave and go somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
15,506 Posts
The norm for this place is for someone new to post something, have the people with 10k+ posts crap on you about it and then the newer people leave and go somewhere else.

Yikes, I hope that "people with 10k+ posts" part doesn't include me, nor me crapping on anyone nor on any of their posts.

There's too much of that here, but I'm glad to see the absence of one member who was continually on my and other's case for no obvious reason, but I think he (or she, one never knows ;) ) was finally permanently banned after being previously suspended numerous times.

But maybe the mayor was running the ship at that time, at least it was nicer and tighter in those days.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Yikes, I hope that "people with 10k+ posts" part doesn't include me, nor me crapping on anyone nor on any of their posts.

There's too much of that here, but I'm glad to see the absence of one member who was continually on my and other's case for no obvious reason, but I think he (or she, one never knows ;) ) was finally permanently banned after being previously suspended numerous times.

But maybe the mayor was running the ship at that time, at least it was nicer and tighter in those days.
See your previous reply and draw your own conclusions :D And if you look back at the previous page in this introductions thread you will see that it spans multiple YEARS, hence my previous comment.

On that note you folks enjoy, I'll check back in a couple years maybe.

·
Premium Member
15,506 Posts
See your previous reply and draw your own conclusions …

I dare say there was some drastic misunderstanding and poor translation as to what was actually posted and the meaning… as intended at least…

Nothing derogatory or insulting …

·
Premium Member
15,506 Posts
Welcome to the community Arkay!

Always nice to read such a welcome post poly, but it was posted several months ago now: Join Date: Mar 2017, and 22 other later posts.

So anyway, I'll send my belated welcome greetings as well and say Welcome Arkay!!!

- Patrick
======

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hi all ... don't remember my last post, but I know it was quite some time ago. My mother died and I had almost no time to get out of her house (there was a buyer waiting in the wings). It was a mad scramble. A good friend drove five hours and stayed five days helping me move stuff out. We tried to salvage as much as possible, even if it was only going to be donated. Didn't get as much as I'd have like to, but we got much more than I'd have gotten if I'd been going it alone.

Just barely managed to squeak out in the time allowed me, and I'm now in a lovely (if small :) ) one-bedroom apartment. The work situation is a whole 'nother matter; I'm jobless but I'm getting early CPP and planning to set up a small online business, so ... going to head out this week and apply for some cashier positions at local supermarkets.

Originally posted in the Shangri-La thread and I couldn't seem to just delete the dang post. :D

·
Canadian By Choice
117,018 Posts
Hi all ... don't remember my last post, but I know it was quite some time ago. My mother died and I had almost no time to get out of her house (there was a buyer waiting in the wings). It was a mad scramble. A good friend drove five hours and stayed five days helping me move stuff out. We tried to salvage as much as possible, even if it was only going to be donated. Didn't get as much as I'd have like to, but we got much more than I'd have gotten if I'd been going it alone.

Just barely managed to squeak out in the time allowed me, and I'm now in a lovely (if small :) ) one-bedroom apartment. The work situation is a whole 'nother matter; I'm jobless but I'm getting early CPP and planning to set up a small online business, so ... going to head out this week and apply for some cashier positions at local supermarkets.

Originally posted in the Shangri-La thread and I couldn't seem to just delete the dang post. :D
Bonne chance, mon amie.

·
Premium Member
3,190 Posts
Hey guys, been quite a while since being on the site! Self employment kept me too busy to do half of what I wanted to do. Finally said to hell with it and up and moved from Ontario to the east coast spring of 2017 leaving most things behind. Settled down and spent the last year fixing up the house and relaxing. Maybe try and sign on a bit more often now.

·
Canadian By Choice
117,018 Posts
Hey guys, been quite a while since being on the site! Self employment kept me too busy to do half of what I wanted to do. Finally said to hell with it and up and moved from Ontario to the east coast spring of 2017 leaving most things behind. Settled down and spent the last year fixing up the house and relaxing. Maybe try and sign on a bit more often now.
Welcome to the east coast, kelman. NB is a beautiful province.

·
Premium Member
15,506 Posts
Thanks Dr.G.

We moved to a small town in New Brunswick stated in my signature. Bouctouche, a little north of Moncton along the coast.

Nice looking place looking at the google maps and photos, but gheese, wasn't it the Moncton area that got those huge mega dumps of snow a few winters ago a few times??

Anyway, much less hectic than the other big city you left eh???

EDIT:
Hey, I just noticed but sorry I can't make it:
BOUCTOUCHE SHELLFISH FESTIVAL
Dates: 10 Aug. - 13 Aug.
https://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/Products/F/BouctoucheShellfishFestival.aspx

- Patrick
======

·
Premium Member
3,190 Posts
Nice looking place looking at the google maps and photos, but gheese, wasn't it the Moncton area that got those huge mega dumps of snow a few winters ago a few times??

Anyway, much less hectic than the other big city you left eh???

- Patrick
======
Hey Patrick, this is much less hectic than Hamilton yes but snow is snow. We saw huge dumps in Hamilton a couple of times while living there and living on the main street here means we don't have to worry too much. They plow the snow and truck it away, they even have a sidewalk plow that runs the streets as well!

·
Canadian By Choice
117,018 Posts
Thanks Dr.G.

We moved to a small town in New Brunswick stated in my signature. Bouctouche, a little north of Moncton along the coast.
I have been to Moncton before in the springtime.

·
Premium Member
42,442 Posts
Moncton is only about 35-40 mins south of us and seems to be the move to place from what I've read.
Look for a place that will part out computers, and you're all set!

601 - 620 of 625 Posts