Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

581 - 600 of 625 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
* Who you are (male, female, student, professional, etc.)

Male

* How you got involved with Macs, or how you are currently involved.

First owned in '95 with a PowerBook 5300cs, though had contact with Macs from the Mac Plus on, which is what we had in my elementary school computer lab.

* How many/which Macs have you owned or presently own?

Three - 2 MBPs (one old and scarcely used, one newer) and a Mac Pro I'm selling.

* What are your favourite Mac programs?

Adobe CC, 1Password, Alfred, and Steam.

* What general area of this great country are you from?

SK originally. TO now.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
Regina, and later Saskatoon for a couple of years. Good times, for the age I was at ;)
I was born in Lafleche, south of Moose Jaw, grew up in Swift Current. Wife from just outside Regina (Kipling). Camp in Saskatoon every summer, also Regina and near Grenfell. It's like going home. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
SK summers are beautiful. Wish I had more reason to return, but with blood relations having moved elsewhere it's hard to get back very much :(

·
Premium Member
15,514 Posts
Wow, using an LC 520!!

I'm a bit surprised that you could even connect here after it actually booted, but welcome aboard and I think you may have a bit of upgrading in front of you that you just may want to do. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah definitely!
I am actually wanting to upgrade to a LC 575 or an older Power Mac, but man those seem to be really hard to find these days!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
What part of Alberta are you from? I just happen to have a 15" Lampshade iMac PPC with original box and disks I would part with if the price was right. They are a bit of a collectors piece now. Edmonton area.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm from the Edmonton area as well!

An iMac might be more of an upgrade than I'm looking for right now, as I'm looking more for the retro thing.

Send me a PM anyways and we'll see where that goes :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all, I just discovered that I had registered on this forum 5 years ago, but never did anything, not even a post. Anyways, the reason I'm becoming active is I recently got into Vintage computing. I picked up a couple of PowerBook G3 Pismos, a Lombard, and Key Lime iBook on my local craigslist and have been putting them back into service. OS 9 is so good!

I'm in the Greater Vancouver Area, so if anyone is looking for a good home for their vintage Mac, drop me a line!

I'm currently on the hunt for floppy disks and a 2.5" SCSI hard drive...

·
Crazy Cat Lady
292 Posts
Joined in 2006
Haven't used the forums in awhile

Have always had Macs since I was 6 years old
Just got an iPad mini and love it so much, have a MacBook from 2007 which is still operable, an iMac too. :love2:

Live in N.S., have 4 dogs and 1 kitten

·
Premium Member
15,514 Posts
Joined in 2006
Haven't used the forums in awhile

Have always had Macs since I was 6 years old
Just got an iPad mini and love it so much, have a MacBook from 2007 which is still operable, an iMac too. :love2:

Live in N.S., have 4 dogs and 1 kitten

Hmmm…??? Live in N.S., have 4 dogs and 1 kitten and yet uses the handle Crazy Cat Lady. OK, I give up. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys, I didn't realize I made an account on here way back in 2008. But I guess it's cool! I've been lurking for years. Hello! Been using macs since about 1990 and I have some 68k & ppc vintage for sale. Eventually when I get enough posts I'll find my way to the classifieds :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all. Name is Matt, from the Greater Toronto Area.. stumbled onto this forum, gotta love anything mega Canadian mixed with Apple products lol. I'm sports obsessed, engaged, 2 kids, just bought a new house and can't wait for the new iPhone to come out because my iPhone 5 is falling apart! That about sums it up. Crosby is a pretty good hockey player too.

581 - 600 of 625 Posts