ehMac banner

241 - 260 of 624 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
* Who you are (male, female, student, professional, etc.)

I'm a 25-year-old male working as an IT Manager at a commercial printer.

* Brief summary of some of your other interests

Camping, cottages and patios. I love being outside in the summer. Not a big fan of winter though. Also: beer, wine, Audis, motorcycles, photography.

* How you got involved with Macs, or how you are currently involved.

I've been using Macs since a very young age. Both parents work(ed) in the creative/ad world. I do use Windows and Linux machines daily, but my computer has always been a Mac.

* How many/which Macs have you owned or presently own?

Too many list. I still have an Apple IIe stored away somewhere, if that gives you any idea.

* What are your favourite Mac programs?

I don't think I have a favourite program. I use Safari, Mail, Terminal, Adium, Photoshop and Lightroom on a daily basis.

* What general area of this great country are you from?

The centre of the universe: Toronto, ON. I also spend a lot of time in Ottawa, ON.

·
Registered
67 Posts
21-year-old male student studying Business Administration (maybe getting into marketing...).

I'm interested in most things creative. This includes watching & making movies, playing guitar, reading (favourite books: A Song of Ice and Fire), visual design, etc.

I'm also a big fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

My first real experience with a Mac was when my dad bought a G4 Tower. Quite the powerful machine back then (~5-6 years ago I think). I worked in Final Cut Pro for a few video projects (personal and for my dad's business); FCP was one of the main reasons I fell in love with Macs.

Since, a couple friends have purchased a Powerbook G4 and a Macbook Pro. Using these has only cemented my decision that I will "switch" for my next computer. This switch will probably happen by August, when I will buy a MBP 15".

None.

Final Cut.

St. Catharines, ON.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can't believe I have to do this again..
my user name somehow got killed..
by MS..
haha

Who you are (male, female, student, professional, etc.)
25-year-old male student studying psychology

want to become a doc. in psychology

I am working with iphoto.
everyday..to make dvds for people..

ichat

ottawsa, ON.

·
CIO of CYA
3,857 Posts
I posted my introduction an hour ago and it didn't appear . . . wha' hoppen? I used some handwritten bbcode formatting; is that a no-no?
Sorry to hear that.
I don't know the answer. PM the Mayor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Who you are (male, female, student, professional, etc.)
I'm a female and work in an office. I am older than Paris Hilton, but younger than Cate Blanchett. ;)

Since divorcing a huge control freak, I'm starting to develop my own interests again.

My cousin converted me by selling me one of his Macs.

Just one.

So far, it is ITunes

After living in Alberta for a few years, I'm back in my home province of Saskatchewan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
23-year-old, male, journalist.

I am an avid sports fan/participant. I am a journalist by trade with a focus on politics. I also love to read and I am a bit of an amateur video producer.

I needed a laptop and the macbook was intriguing. I've been a proud mac owner for exactly one year now. I love the media apps that came along with my purchase.

Just the one macbook, although I will purchase a desktop when my current PC expires.

Pages, iMovie, iDVD, Garage Band.. there's too many to name.

From Ontario.. living in Halifax.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Since divorcing a huge control freak, I'm starting to develop my own interests again.
You forgot to mention the huge pot of money you got in the divorce settlement. :lmao: beejacon

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

Male. Professional...well, perhaps not too professional. May go back to being a student on part-time basis to do some math courses and then may go back to school on a full-time basis to get another degree of some sort.

Playing with my little girl who is 13 months old and a real handful. I watch the Vancouver Canucks play hockey on the teevee and read the occasional book although I'm not reading anything exciting at the moment. I have been known to do some mountain biking and snowboarding, but not usually at the same time. I also enjoy playing with the 3 cats that let us live with them and I do like watching CBC television.

Purchased an iBook in 2002 and I still use it at work on a daily basis. Not everyday because I don't go into work everyday. Perhaps if I find some money I'll consider purchasing a PowerBook or a Mac Mini.

1 iBook. My wife has owned 1 eMac, which we gave to my brother and now she has 1 iMac, which she is kind enough to let me use.

That will vary with the time of day/month/year. For browsing I use Camino. For work I use MS Word because I like its nice integration with MathType. I've been playing a bit of Kill Monty and Lux Delux lately. But, probably my favourite program at the moment is Graph Sketcher. I really like stickies and iCal, too.

I grew up in Delta, BC and I have lived in Prince George, BC; Golden, BC; Guelph, ON; Kamloops, BC; North Vancouver, BC; and Cranbrook, BC.

I've only posted here a few times in the last few years and I'm not too sure how much posting I'll do in the near future. I was surprised to see so many of the "old" names around.

James

·
Registered
194 Posts
Female working at a branch of the Toronto Public Library.

Photography, Photoshop, music, drawing, reading, big fan of Montreal Canadians and football.

I was thinking about getting a Mac and met someone who gave me some great info which made me decide to buy one nearly 2 years ago.

A MacBook Pro 15" which I purchased in May 2006.

Photoshop, iTunes and iPhoto.

Born in Montreal but have lived most of my life in Toronto. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello friends

*Who you are (male, female, student, professional, etc.)
female, student
being way too busy, procratinating, snowboarding, music, outdoors
my parents only ever owned a mac, because both their jobs required it, and I've been using macs ever since... except when I bought a PC for university and had to replace the hard drive and other inner workings multiple times in the three years it was warrantied, now I'm back with a vengeance
classic mac (not sure which model).. I think this one just got retired because it was time to move to colour, I think it's still in my parents' basement
mac LE.. monitor died and inner stuff too, I think
G3 Snow.. exploded, literally, 8 years old though.
G4... adorable. love it, but not as much as my
base model 13.3" MB, just about a year old, gotta get me some Leopard soon...

iTunes, Garage Band, Photobooth
originally from Ajax (outside Toronto), been in Ottawa for 3 years now for school

edit: fixed some spelling boo-boos
edit 2: fixed MORE spelling boo-boos

·
CIO of CYA
3,857 Posts
You know Tango is code for a terrorist? ;)
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was fully unaware of this. I'm only a terrorist if you get scared of niceness.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
*Who you are (male, female, student, professional, etc.)
male, unemployed:-(
Anything and everything tech related.
I was an Amiga guy, but got seduced by the Mac IIci, then the Quadra 840av. My job at the time took me into evil PCland where I have resided since. Recently, I was gifted a 6400/200 and a Beige G3 and it has rekindled my Mac interest.
I have owned a single copy of almost every 680x0 Mac, some I had several of, but only kept my "babies", the IIci and 840av until recently as noted above.
PageMaker and all the OS flavours!
Ottawa

241 - 260 of 624 Posts