ehMac banner

221 - 240 of 624 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Introduction

Hello,
My name is Roger, and I am a 44-year-old College professor living in Montreal. I am into music, the environment, and social change. I also have a question: how do you post a "new" question? Thanks and I am looking forward to this forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a second-year communcations student at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver. I enjoy drawing, programming, and film, which is actually why I got a macbook pro; I understood that they were supposed to be great for creative applications, and once boot camp came along there was no reason not to get one. I don't really have a favorite mac program, just a bunch of different ones that I use a lot. I don't really think of programs in terms of favorites, but I guess I use photoshop, textwrangler, VLC and itunes a lot.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
Actually, he looks like he's got heartburn... :D

Welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wanted to introduce myself - an aussie moving to Winnipeg...

I have been active on MacTalk Australia for some years and have checked out these forums on and off or a couple years now

hope your enjoying the cold :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome.
That's a big move.
I am not looking forward to the flight - more so given all of my gear. I have to seriously downsize on mac gear, sadly, and only the PowerBook and iPod will make it...

No matter how many times you do the flight (6 times so far for me) it never gets pleasant! If the iPhone is released for my arrival, it might help ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey!
My name is Carley-Marie,

* Who you are

I am a University student in my second year of my HBA in English and BEd in primary/junior education

* Brief summary of some of your other interests

I am a television/Starbucks addict.

I have over 125 seasons of tv shows on dvd. My top four favourites are Gilmore Girls, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Veronica Mars, and Alias.

* How you got involved with Macs, or how you are currently involved/How many/which Macs have you owned or presently own?

In high school I had a media studies teacher who was obsessed with Macs and plugged Apple (and Red vs. Blue) every class.

When I was about to start my first year in University I fell in love with the MacBook. It took me an additional year of research and pro/con lists, but in November I got my first Mac (specs in signature).

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hey the name's Nick

* Who you are

I am a 17 year old guy from Gatineau, Quebec (although i spend all my time in Ottawa).
I am finished High School and am attending an Adult Education center to finish a needed Math course for College.

* Brief summary of some of your other interests

I recently got into the whole Mac thing, i love it.
I want to be an entrepreneur of some kind when i am older, definitely in the field of computers.

* How you got involved with Macs, or how you are currently involved/How many/which Macs have you owned or presently own?

I got involved in Macs because i was fed up with Microsoft's crappy OS and constant war against Virus'
I own an iMac (2Gb RAM, 320HD,2.8Ghz,24")

·
Registered
267 Posts
Name's Steve.

-Who you are:
I'm a 16-year old student from Ladysmith, BC, who just moved there from Fernie, the opposite corner of BC,
and the only real mac addict in the family.

-Brief summary of your other interests:
Parents only agreed to buy a mac a couple of years ago, it's a late 2006 iMac, 2.33 ghz. interested in 3d design and digital media fields. Looking at UBCSA for some Architecture stuff after high school.

- How you got involved with macs, and how many/which macs do you own?
First mac, only mac, but I've loved macs all my life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is Dave, checking-in from the bottom of the heap! ["It's a hold-up"! :D ].

I landed on ehMac.ca an hour or so ago and will endeavor to find out much more. I've had my first Mac for around 18 months [details below or somewhere] and could not be more pleased. For those that have welcomed me already, thank You and glad to be here, everyone! :clap:

runt :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm John from Edmonton, Alberta. I'm a stay at home dad of a very active 3 year old. I also run a small t-shirt shop through cafepress that I just started about a year ago.

The first computer I ever used was an Apple ][ in junior-high school. (yes I'm that old)
I bought an Apple ][c second hand in my senior year. after that I was with out a computer for many years until I was given my father in-laws old pc in 98. When I finally upgraded I was talked out of a mac by the salesman:-( in favour of an HP.

When my wife gave me an Ipod mini for my birthday a few years later my pc would not run the software or connect the Ipod so I was convinced by a "friend" to by a Dell (he worked for them):yikes:

How ever with my cafepress shop I have been making designs that are pushing this computer to its limits and beyond:( Also my wife has started using the computer a lot more so a second one is in order as well as an up grade for me.

We are saving up to replace what we have with a mini for her and either a high end Imac or a low end Mac Pro for me.:)

I have
Ipod mini 4gb
Ipod Nano 4gb

The wife
Ipod shuffle 2gb XX) Washed and dried before found
Ipod Nano 2gb

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello all.

AJ Harris. I'm a Technical Architect who works and lives in the Ottawa area. Computer engineer by training.

I've coveted getting a Mac for some time now but just recently made the jump as my primary Windows PC was starting to show its age and the emulation software was now strong enough that I could run the legacy Windows apps I needed to without much hindrance.

I've only been a member of this community for a short while but it's proven to be enormously helpful so you have my gratitude.

Have an iPod touch for my music and video needs and just recently ordered a new Mac Pro to replace ol' Betsy.

·
Unreasonably Happy Man
1,059 Posts
Hi again,
I'm Michael, and I live in Victoria. I owned a Mac Plus a zillion years ago and last October or November made the leap back to mac when I bought a 24" iMac and a MacMini. I am still pretty much a smitten kitten, and I haven't even upgraded to Leopard yet.

I work for the BC Government doing what I've been doing for the past 17 years or so-running all of the IM/IT (info management/technology) for one of the ministries. I've only been in my current job for about 5 years-prior to that I worked in the newspaper and video game industries. My jobs have been blessings because I get to work with incredibly smart and creative people, and I have gotten to see what both Windows and Mac can do in large environments when they are well managed.

In my spare time I do lots of art (pastels, drawings), photography, and gym/running. I adore my iPod and am grateful to my kids and all the other young'uns who keep introducing me to wonderful music.

I have an English Bulldog who is a fair flower of bulldog femininity.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hey guys

Found this website through Google.. (what a surprise) so I decided to hop on seeing that I didn't get my mac too long ago.

I am a first year University Student in the Bio-Med program with Computer Science as minor.

I am a photographer, graphic artist, website designer/developer in spare time and is the reason why I got a mac. I am a computer geek so be careful around me cause I like to extend ones argument to ridiculous proportions and then criticize the results haha! :D Just Kidding.

Oh and more importantly. I am Canadian!

221 - 240 of 624 Posts