Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The one question nobody can answer:

If we as "perfect" beings required a "God" to create us, who created God?

I urge everyone to watch that entire debate. The logic of the Christians is full of holes, and it ends up boiling down to "God is, God is forever, God exists outside our time and space, God doesn't need to adhere to our rules of science and logic."

Their final arguments solidify that the existence of God cannot be proven scientifically (as was their original intent).

· Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I've noticed people who don't like evolution like to throw around "it's just a theory!"

Theory: A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

There are a lot more facts supporting evolution than creationism. There are no facts supporting "the Earth is only 7000 years old".

Back to the original debate on ABC, the argument that God is infinite...if it is possible for God to exist, be infinite, to have no beginning and no end, without a creator, is it not possible that the same can be said for our physical universe?

Our universe has no beginning and no end. It has always existed, and it is infinite. It had no creator. If you can use that argument for God, we can use it for our universe.

· Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Excluding creationism, I am not aware of much overlap.
Jehovah's Witnesses and blood transfusions.
Christian Scientists and medicine.
Dietary restrictions built into most religions.

Creationism is the big one. Age of the Earth and the Universe is another.

Since faith and belief can't be proven (no argument here), and science fact and theory can be proven, faith must always yield to science.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.