Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently switched to 10.2 and I would like to hear from others on which email client you use and why.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mail - simple, easy-to-use interface, and has a number on the icon when you get new e-mail instead of just a mail icon.... it also doesn't disappear like Entourage does when you click on it!

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Mail - easy to use, basic functions that suit my needs. All I do is read and send, so I don't need anymore.

Besides, it's an Apple product. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I use the mail app that is part of Mozilla. It handles multiple accounts well and you don't have to start up two programs to do mail and web browsing. Another big plus is that Mozilla has versions for OS X, OS 9, and Windows. I can switch from any flavour of Mac and then to a PC and have a familiar interface and setup. So far I have been really happy with the latest stable version of Mozilla 1.2.1

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Entourage X, for a few reasons.

One, I have been using an MS email client since OE4.5, and it is just easir to import from one MS client to another (I have had brief stints with Eudora and Mail 10.1, neither worked out for me).

Also, I liek that everything is there in the one app, not jumping around to see calanders/to dos/memos addresses like you do with the Apple apps.

I have been looking at changine over to Mail.app 10.2 though, as I haven't tried it yet, and using it (and iSync to sync everything at once) would make things a whole lot easier.

--PB

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I use Entourage for X. I tried out the Mail app, but I just didn't find it had enough features for me...so I went back to Entourage.

I also find that Entourage handles multiple email accounts better...and I like being able to access my Hotmail account through Entourage without having to login through the website.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I use mail.app it is simple and clean and does everthing I want. Now with Jag I there is and awesome address book and iCal, so I can use iSync to sync with my iPod and have everything I need at my finger tips.

I should also mention the I, like others here just don'y like Microcrap, I am mean Microsoft. So my opinion may be a little biased.

I just believe a company that tries to excel in everything, will end up doing nothing well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mail.app for me as well. Sometimes I miss the integration that Entourage X offers, but then I just remind myself that it is one more step in weaning myself off Microsoft apps. Apple seems headed in the right direction with some of the recent steps they have taken in offering integration amongst some of the iLife apps, so perhaps we will see more seemless interaction between Mail, Address Book, and iCal in the near future.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I use Entourage for OSX.

I have been using Outlook in one way or another for so long I couldn't imagine trying to export my contacts, calendar events and mail into anything else. Especially something that is so young an app. All I need at this point would be be to move over and then apple stop supporting the app.

I am very happy with Entourage and have no real viable reason to change.

·
Premium Member
17,992 Posts
Eudora Pro 5.2 for OSX. I keep Mail.app on my hard drive, though (iPhoto just freaks if it isn't there).

Keep in mind I'm using X.1.5, not X.2.x, so Mail.app may be a bit more feature-laden in X.2.x than I've had a chance to experience.

I'm very comfortable in Eudora, have about a billion (slight exaggeration) mailboxes and filters... converting might be a challenge :D

My ISP (Chebucto.ca Community Net) also does server-level spam filtering, so Mail (X.2)'s anti-spam features would not be of too great a use.

M.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts