Votes: 15 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 76.2%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you purchase music videos from the iTMS? I'd buy some more often if they weren't priced at $2.29 per video (seems kind of high, especially since most of us would eventually get tired of watching it (and the song) after hearing it so many times. It's more justifiable in my case as I can listen to any one song I enjoy hundreds of times over, especially if it's mixed with a good video.

You? :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Nope... not a music video fan at all. The few I do have a desire to see I watch on YouTube...

·
Registered
804 Posts
No, on principle. Videos used to be free and used to be for selling music. Probably why there is an abundance on the P2P torrent networks. I have a bunch from the 80's, but rarely watch new ones.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've stopped watching MM and MTV since I was sixteen.

·
Palindromic Pooch
10,621 Posts
I've bought four. I would buy more if they had a more extensive back catalogue.

·
Registered
199 Posts
should be free

I agree with Carl. Music videos are for advertising a song, I'm not going to buy one. Plus, $2.29 is awfully high compared to television programs and movies.

And on that note, here's a music video I directed which you can watch for FREE. The way they should be ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2QtMWubRJQ

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hmm well see if you can understand this... I can play 480p high definition movie trailers off of www.quicktime.com perfectly and the one music video that I purchased from iTunes music store is choppy n locks up on my system. I dont get it n it's annoying as I really want to see this music video!

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
However iTunes implements QuickTime, there's something amiss. I have similar issues playing any iTunes videos in iTunes. Opting to play them using QuickTime Player provides smooth results.

·
Registered
814 Posts
thank you... glad to see I'm not the only one with that issue!

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
What is a music video?

applebook said:
I've stopped watching MM and MTV since I was sixteen.
And that was the 80's for me !

Much Music :heybaby:
Are they still around?

I really liked Citytv Toronto's 'The New Music' with JD Roberts and Jeanne Beker.
Those were the days, good times, old school, as they say.

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
I've never bought one in any form and I never will. They fall into the "No Earthly Use" category in my world. I don't care what the artists I listen to look like, let alone how they dance, and I see no talent in the act of hiring hot women or a video producer.

I most certainly am not going to pay for an advertisement made to sell me on a song or artist, which is what music videos are. If they won't give them away to those who do want to view them, as far as I'm concerned they can keep them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts