Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

DO you miss the power-on key on your keyboard?

• Huh?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am peeved with the 'over-design" of Apples CPU's as of late...

Do you miss the power-on buttton on your keyboard? how about the little button to eject the CD? .....

G

·
how about the little button to eject the CD? .....
All Apple keyboards still have the Eject key on the keyboard - I'm not sure what you're talking about, unless I'm misunderstanding your comment on that. You can eject the CD via the Eject button on the Apple keyboard, via the menu bar or dragging the CD to the trash (or via the Finder window).

Edit: If you mean the actual button on the CD-ROM drive itself, I don't know why you'd miss that. That can't open the drive anyway if a CD is in there, and it takes just as much work leaning to your tower to hit the button as it does hitting the Eject key on the keyboard or hitting the Eject button on the menu bar. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,363 Posts
lars, i'm using the keyboard that came with my sawtooth and i don't see an eject button....

the only thing i might miss are floppy drives, and then only rarely.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,945 Posts
I miss the power on/off button on the keyboard of my eMac.

Apple put the power button waaaaaaaaaaay back on the right hand side behind the USB/ethernet/phone cable opening.

To make it even more difficult in low light situations, they made the darn thing "flush" with the cabinet.

Not much help when you're groping in the dark to find it.

Cheers

·
Registered
762 Posts
F12 is the eject button now. I asked this question a couple months ago when, for some reason, the DVD wouldn't open.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To clarify, the CD-Rom eject button I am referring to is the one that WAS on the front of the case not the F12/Eject key.

My peeve with the F12/Eject is that once the key is pressed you have no idea if you've opened or closed the CD tray. (Since I can't see the CPU from where I sit)

This means I often hit the F12/Eject key to open the tray, sometimes lightly doulbe hitting it, walk to the other end of my home only to find that the tray was open, so then I need to return to the desk... this sometimes takes two trips each way if I am considerable tired and not paying attention

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
Man, dibenga, sounds like you've invented a way for you to get your daily exercise.
Maybe you need a second keyboard.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
To turn the good old machine off.. just hit the keys Ctrl - Option-Command-Eject and the good old Mac turns off.. who needs one button to do that when you can get exercise and use all four keys...

Cheers,

RtC

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see that now too.

Shutting down isn't the problem (Although I was unawair of that special keycommand that I will keep close to my heart, thanks greatly RicktheChemist ) it's that cold-startup that eludes me.

_F

1 - 12 of 12 Posts