Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

Do you have external speakers hooked up to your Mac?

• Yes

Votes: 95 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 17.4%
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Speakers currently hooked up to my home machine (White iMac G5) are Altec Lansing MX5021's that are now discontinued.

Anyone have a set of consumer computer 5.1 speakers hooked up to their Mac?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here are my speakers

Hey,
I have the Logitech ones that also have a 4 usb hub incorporated.
Here is a picture of them. They fit right underneath my 30" monitor.
And they were very inexpensive.

·
Premium Member
23,535 Posts
Set of JBL Creatures. Not the greatest but they provide background noise while I'm editing. Head & shoulders above what they replaced, some generic 3 speaker thing...

·
Registered
867 Posts
I run an Akai receiver/amplifier with a set of custom built Phillips stereo speakers (woofer-tweeter-crossover) - great sound. Very helpful when doing audio editing, or for blasting sound through the house.

·
Left The Building
8,381 Posts
I've had a set of JBL Creatures hooked up to my G5 Dualie since I got it in 2003; they're passable when needed, but I rarely use them. Most of my casual listening & work in Logic Express involves a good set of headphones.

Whenever I get my next machine, whether a 27" iMac or perhaps a Mac Pro, I'll continue using headphones most of the time, but I will add some basic monitor speakers for occasional use, likely something like these.

·
Premium Member
20,722 Posts
But of course... I run a full fledged hi-fi home theatre set up in my office. No TV just my monitors (the living room has a second set up).

I run the digital optical out of the Mac Pro to a Yamaha receiver and have a 5.1 speaker set up. NanoSats by Mirage.

This is a sweet little setup. It rivals it's big brother in the living room for sound quality (another Yamaha/Mirage set up, just a different line of Mirage speakers and a titanium receiver).

·
Premium Member
17,859 Posts
The speakers built in to the old eMacs were a good deal better than many of the newer models, also I tend not to crank up the volume too much so I don't suffer any dancing display effects.

·
Premium Member
2,705 Posts
I have the speaker bar that Dell sells as an option to their monitors hooked up to my mini. I don't fill a room but they serve the purpose of playing video clips and iTunes when I want to listen to some tunes while I surf.

·
Registered
635 Posts
If we're only discussing a wired connection, no. But I have my stereo and a cheap set of powered logitech speakers hooked up via an Airport Express. Not sure if you wanted to consider these in your poll, so I didn't vote.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Have you considered changing your user ID to Cris Rocks..... ;)

I kind of like the Apple Pro speakers with the iSub on my Lampshade though I have Altec Lansing ACS-295's in a few spots around the house. Also the slightly older Altec lansings which the model number escapes me a the moment.

The White G3 iMac I use for tunes in my office sounds pretty good with the built in speakers and iSub.

Lately though I have just been wearing my Sony NUDE Turbo ear buds.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.