Votes: 42 36.5%
  • No account, but I do browse Facebook.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you take part in the Facebook community? :)

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was amazed how many old friends I found, and who uses FB whom I thought never would.. lovin' it. :)

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I do. I just saw a friend I haven't seen in ages on there, and thanks to FaceBook, we are re-uniting.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Yes I do. As mentioned before, it's how classmates should have been.

I was looking for an ehMac group. Hint Hint.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It goes against everything I believe in with respect to online security. But yes. For now.
It is amazing how much info people innocently post up on their profiles without adjusting any of the privacy settings. You're right...it's a disaster waiting to happen for someone who doesn't think through what they put up on their page.

But damn, it's addictive! ;)

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
I registered to try it and tried every combination search possible and found nothing. It could not even find the high school I attended, an instition that existed for over 50 years. And not one co-worker in a span of 42 years. That was my final visit as well.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
I heard somewhere it mines your address book and sends out invites to your contacts. Is this true?
Yes but only with your permission, it will show you who all ready has an account so you can add them as friends. Then it asks if you want to send invites to the addresses that are not registered, you can select who you want to invite, beats typing in all of your emails manually.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts