Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm still a bit mystified. I don't need iDVD (no superdrive) but I use iMovie/iTunes/iPhoto a lot. If I d/l the free versions of the updates when they become available, will they work as an integrated suite sans iDVD (with the features that Apple is touting for iLife)?

Haven't been able to find a clear answer for this on Apple's site.

Also does anyone know if iMovie 3 now supports import of "widescreen" video from DV camcorders? I note that it has a "Letterbox" effect included now but this is not the same thing.

TIA

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mycatsnameis:
So I'm still a bit mystified. I don't need iDVD (no superdrive) but I use iMovie/iTunes/iPhoto a lot. If I d/l the free versions of the updates when they become available, will they work as an integrated suite sans iDVD (with the features that Apple is touting for iLife)?

Haven't been able to find a clear answer for this on Apple's site.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been answered in the other iLife thread. The answer is yes.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mycatsnameis:

Also does anyone know if iMovie 3 now supports import of "widescreen" video from DV camcorders? I note that it has a "Letterbox" effect included now but this is not the same thing.

TIA
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean. I thought letterbox was the same as HD widescreen... found out it wasn't when I got my HD TV. Don't have an answer to your question though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Get off the pipe... get an iLife man!

Sorry about the sp error, dropped my pipe....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts