Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the right forum to post in. I'll start from the beginning.

I own two of the Unibody White Macbooks, To avoid confusion I'll call them A and B. Both are under apple care. A with 8 months left B with 5 months left (on the factory warranty).

Everything was pretty much fine until 2 and a half weeks ago. The first thing that happened was Macbook A would boot but the display would remain black. Took it in to see what was up Genius Bar told me they would have to replace the logic board. They did and everything was dandy. Took about 4 days, not too bad for a repair and I left a happy customer.

Then the terror began. I got home and booted Macbook A and received a warning to back up my hard drive and reformat it. Luckily I make regular backups proceeded to wipe the drive and reinstall. I thought oh well **** happens, and was just happy it was finally working. Then 5 days later Macbook B started acting up. The screen was very white almost washed out. Again I found myself making the trek back to the apple store.

Well It seemed that I needed a new display. Fine, fine I said. At least both will have been recently looked over and I won't have anything to worry about. They replaced it, I brought it home, booted it. Awesome its working! I wrote a few emails and powered it down. A few hours later I attempted to boot it up... Nothing. Exact same issue I had been having with Macbook A. It would boot but no display. Took it in and they replaced the logic board. Picked it up brought it home and it worked I shut it down and boot it up a couple times. Sat down let out a sigh. Finally the ordeal was over.

Guess what? I'm having the exact same issue with Macbook B again. Thankfully Macbook A is working fine, so far. Needless to say the local Apple Store employees know me by my first name. I think I've spent more time in that store than I have at home in the last few weeks.

What I want to know is do I have grounds to request a replacement for Macbook B? It doesn't take very much to deduce that obviously something else is wrong with this computer. If you do think I should try and get a replacement who do I need to talk with? Technical support?

Also curious if anyone has had these issues with this model.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
11,953 Posts
I'd document the various issues with MacBook B (don't know why you even brought up A -- it broke, it was fixed, end of story) and talk with the Genius bar people. They will probably want to do one more repair before they go that route. Three strikes, etc.

After that, yes, you should call Apple, be patient, have documentation, and be polite but firm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts