Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a MacBook Pro late 2013 running OS 10.15. For some time now the display has been very dark, making it impossible to watch most movies, etc. Things like YouTube vids are usually okay but movies on Netflix, e.g. are just too dark to watch. I have brightness on full and I've diddled around with the display profile but nothing helps.

I've just compared the same movie scene on my MacBook and on my iPad and the difference is night and day (no pun intended). Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Premium Member
42,877 Posts
Try "Accessibility" in your System Preferences. There's an additional Display Setting for contrast that might help.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want to speak too soon, but it looks like this might have fixed the problem. Thanks again! :)

·
Premium Member
42,877 Posts
No problem! It's odd that they hide the contrast control under "Accessibility."

·
Premium Member
16,021 Posts
I don't want to speak too soon, but it looks like this might have fixed the problem. Thanks again! :)
No problem! It's odd that they hide the contrast control under "Accessibility."

+1.
I have experienced the same sort of too dark display and had to use the Accessibility option with my 20011 27in iMac for some time now.

I never really noticed the problem with any movies but then I hardly ever watch them with my iMac anyway. The problem was often just there with normal Mac use and applications, especially browser-related sites.

- Patrick
=======

1 - 6 of 6 Posts