Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed lately that, when my MBP (mid-2015) is idle with a dark screen, I tap the space bar to bring it alive and, momentarily the screen has a vivid "whirlpool" of colours and then my login screen comes up. No big deal, unless this is some sort of clue of upcoming graphic card troubles. That's all I notice. No glitches once I login. Should I be concerned?

·
Premium Member
5,421 Posts
Do you have any AppleCare warranty? If I did I would certainly bring it in as it is not right. If I did not, well I would live with it and hope it is not the sign of something else.

·
Premium Member
5,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have Apple Care, but no Apple Service Provider withi. 2-3 day drive. I may call on it. I believe I am accountable for shipping costs to service- roughly $60. Ouch.

·
Premium Member
15,667 Posts
I do have Apple Care, but no Apple Service Provider withi. 2-3 day drive. I may call on it. I believe I am accountable for shipping costs to service- roughly $60. Ouch.

Why bother…???, especially for some occasional waking up problem as you said:
No big deal, unless this is some sort of clue of upcoming graphic card troubles. That's all I notice. No glitches once I login.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts