Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any of you knows how to encrypt a disk without having the utility to put the disk into a APFS format? As it renders my files totally useless when i back up my data.
Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Circle

·
Premium Member
16,145 Posts
Does any of you knows how to encrypt a disk without having the utility to put the disk into a APFS format?
Once again, a google search can be your friend considering the minimal amount of information you are providing with your question.

You could start with the one of the top hits:
How Do I Password Protect Files and Folders on My Mac?

And if that's not enough, try some of these:

Don't forget you can do a lot with the built-in OS Disk Utility and Keychain Access. 😇

- Patrick
=======

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once again, a google search can be your friend considering the minimal amount of information you are providing with your question.

You could start with the one of the top hits:
How Do I Password Protect Files and Folders on My Mac?

And if that's not enough, try some of these:

Don't forget you can do a lot with the built-in OS Disk Utility and Keychain Access. 😇

- Patrick
=======
i'm trying to encrypt an external drive. one of my drive is getting old and has sensitive personal data in it and is formatted as an HFS+ and need to save all my files into my other drive. not sure if it is the fact that i am using 10.13.6, but as soon as i ask disk utility to encrypt the drive i want to back up my data into? it is doing this APFS format. when i did back up my files the first time from an HFS+ and encrypt it? it went to that new format and all my files were damaged rendering those files useless. the only way for me to do it with Encrypted HFS+ would be to take that drive and encrypt it via an older OSX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts