Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some reason, I'm not able to find the link to this app. Found the classic vers, but nothing in OSX. Also, has anyone been using Toast Titanium w/o any hitch?? Looking to run a good burning app on the Pismo. All suggestion welcomed. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Disc Burner, I believe is now built into the OS for X. As for Toast Titanium, I haven't found any problems.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
built in? That what I was thinking, until I went looking for it. Can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where that damned DB is hiding? How good is it?

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
By built in, when you insert a blank CD it should ask to see if you want to prepare it for burning. And a CD will appear on your Desktop, when you go to eject it, any files copied onto that "partition" will be burnt to the CD.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
Disc Burner is built into the OS. Insert a blank, it will ask you to name it and what format you want it in. When you are done copying the files over to it, just eject it and it will ask you if you want to burn it. Alternately, go under the file menu (in OSX, special menu in os 9.1).

Toast is the Bomb. Everyone should buy a copy.

--PB

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm.... I was looking to add DB to my dock - so that I may just drag files to it. Now, what will happen if I plug my external FW burner?? Will DB just pop up? Just about to try this right now.. .Part of my complete move over to the PB. Thanks for all recs...

I have Toast - just haven't installed it yet.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, here's what happened: I plugged my FW burner and then the box popped up asking what I should do - I said to burn using disk copy (I guess).

Grabbed this AVi file that I wanted to burn and poof - file was not recognized? Error 90 (or so)? boo... I might have to install Toast after all.

Anyhow comrads, where did I go wrong?

Holla! (btw, this day is going to be so lovely! I can't wait!)

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I think the "Disk Burner" app they are referring to is called Disk Copy, located in your Applications/Utilities folder. No need to add it to your dock, since you'll find it as a menu item in the Finder (look under File). If you're planning on burning an audio CD, you just need to fire up iTunes, create a new playlist of the tracks you want, toss in said tracks, and hit the "Burn CD" button in the top-right corner of the window.

Voila!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hmmm... was trying to buen a data disk. This AVI file to be precise. Anyhow, no sweat off the back, been much too long in not installing the Toast Ti. Will handle that a little later this week.

Thanks a mil.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
There was no need to choose Disk Copy, if you just want to burn the file, use the Finder. Tell it to Open Finder, then drag the file to the CD image that appears on your desktop, then upon ejection it will burn. Simple, Effective (but crappy for anything else but simple backup)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts