Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
We use it at work in the far north, but have 6 PCs on it. It works great, way better than the Bell ExpressVu system (we tried that first, cuz we have TV running on it anyway, but it choked with more than 1 computer hooked up, and wasn't exactly amazing even with just 1 box).

As far as I know, it's never gone down on us, even briefly, and it's very fast. The actual dish is pretty big, though (I'm guessing from memory, but say about 1 to 1.5 metres. Of course, according to your link's coverage map, we're not even listed; we're north of the 180cm band).

A brief note about dish size: no matter what the guy selling to you says, whether it's SatTV or anything else, it always pays to get a dish bigger than they say you need. It's "free" signal strength, and you just can't beat that. It costs 10x in electronics to equal what you can get with 15cm more diameter.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
If it was 1/2 price, I would sign up today for my cottage.
I have Bell ExpressVu, but am so pissed with them, I am considering getting a rooftop aerial and using my dish for target practice. :mad: :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts