Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
That's freedom for ya. In the words of Steve Martin "Wanna have some fun teach yours kids going to school that if they want to leave the room to raise their hand and to say to the teacher
May I mumbo dog face to the banana patch."

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
HowEver, you need to be more accurate in your posting. There were, in fact, two dinosaurs on the Ark.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
Neither Christian or non-Christian can prove or disprove both evolution and creationism, therefore neither can say either one is wrong. (speaking from how the earth came to be.)

·
Canuck of Enlightenment
949 Posts
Neither Christian or non-Christian can prove or disprove both evolution and creationism, therefore neither can say either one is wrong. (speaking from how the earth came to be.)

I have to agree, they are theories. Somone asked Einstien what he would do if the disproved E=mc2. He answered "It is only a theory!!" We need to remember that and not think in absolutes. That does not mean I agree with creationism. It just means in the end WE HAVE TO DECIDE FOR OURSELVES!!!

When did having an opion different than other people brand us as stupid, ignorant, ect. You may not like religion, but that fact does not make your views right and thiers wrong.

If a teacher is asked about these museums I think that there is a reasonable answer. Both evolution and creationism are theories. Maybe teaching kids why different theories exist might help them co-exist with other students.beejacon

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
"Both evolution and creationism are theories." However, one theory is based on faith, which cannot really be questioned, challenged or studied objectively in light of new information. The other is a scientific theory, which grows and adapts to new information.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm not normally one to disapprove of anyone's particular religion.... but i originally thought this was a joke... adn when i learned it was not... i was the most mortified person on earth. Read and be horrified!

http://objectiveministries.org/kidz/

This site is possibly one of the most offensive religious website i've ever seen. and i've seen some offensive stuff, hahaha

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Nina, as someone who is a "Kanga-Jew", I have seen much more offensive websites aimed at my Jewish faith. This site is somewhat covert in its message. My fear are the overt website that promote hatred and violence against various religions, races, nationalities, genders, persons with a specific sexual preference, etc.

·
Canuck of Enlightenment
949 Posts
I stand corrected they are very scary people. This is pure and simple brainwashing. The last post, by Nina, helped me to see that. Kool aid anyone?

·
Banned
7,966 Posts
One is based on objective science, while creationism (or the repackaged ID) utter nonsense (or religious dogma if you prefer).

Call it the dummying down of America, but I don’t see how trying to put a respectable veneer on such claptrap helps anyone. Now some climate deniers may take relief that is such stupidity is supported, well they may support such kooky ideas also…

This reminds me of debate between fact and fiction. I’m sure some will applaud such specious arguments.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Sure they can. There is scientific fact that life was created more than 7000 years ago on Earth, so the whole creationist theory that Earth is a few thousand years old is bunk.

I have to agree, they are theories. Both evolution and creationism are theories.
Evolution is a scientific theory. Creationism is not. Creationism is a fairy tale. The argument "It's just a theory" holds no water (hello great flood!) because often people are ignorant of what "theory" actually means.

·
Canuck of Enlightenment
949 Posts
Sure they can. There is scientific fact that life was created more than 7000 years ago on Earth, so the whole creationist theory that Earth is a few thousand years old is bunk.

Evolution is a scientific theory. Creationism is not. Creationism is a fairy tale. The argument "It's just a theory" holds no water (hello great flood!) because often people are ignorant of what "theory" actually means.
Theory:
A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.
The branch of a science or art consisting of its explanatory statements, accepted principles, and methods of analysis, as opposed to practice: a fine musician who had never studied theory.
A set of theorems that constitute a systematic view of a branch of mathematics.
Abstract reasoning; speculation: a decision based on experience rather than theory.
A belief or principle that guides action or assists comprehension or judgment: staked out the house on the theory that criminals usually return to the scene of the crime.
An assumption based on limited information or knowledge; a conjecture.

Seems pretty broad to me!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts