Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would be interested in hearing what OS9 applications people are using to retrieve digital photos, specifically from a CF card reader. I recently purchased a used Kodak that came with a card reader but without the cable to connect the camera to the computer and the software I downloaded from Kodak does not recognize the card reader. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Not sure... Only used a sony the whole time. The mem stick appears as a HD on the desktop and I just drag and drop files. Not sure how all the others work. Have you tried to plug it? what happens? - mind you, I had the Sony USB extensions...

H!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've used a Kodak digital and prefer downloading from a card reader. I've got a Zio! (exclamation point is part of the brand name and not an endorsement) which came with drivers. Once installed it operates just as Ohenri described - plug it in, it shows as a drive and then, just drag and drop.

·
Registered
363 Posts
i always used a compact flash reader with my camera. it was the easiest process one could imagine. plug it in a usb port, insert card, drag pictures to hard drive. no drivers, no software, everything worked plug and play right out of the box.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am not sure what a CF card reader is, but if it is not a Kodak product check with the hardware maker's web site for drivers. USB has a long history on the mac so the chances they exist are good. If the camera recognizes the card and can store data there, make sure the reader itself is in good condition including the cable. I have yet to run into problems with a USB device on mac os 9 or x. And I have a lot of USB devices.
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.