Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an ehMac-like forum for Mac software developers? I've got questions that need answerin'!

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Ye that would be great.
My areas of interest right now are Java, PHP, Mysql.
I have some knowledge of C,C++, assembler for X86 , visual basic, DB2, RPG, Cobol etc
What areas do you wan to discuss?
Mark

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
minnes wrote:
"What areas do you wan to discuss?"

What I'm wondering right now is if there's a way for an application to monitor a certain hot-key combination, and if that combination is pressed, do something in reaction.

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jfpoole:
What I'm wondering right now is if there's a way for an application to monitor a certain hot-key combination, and if that combination is pressed, do something in reaction.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn;t that what QuickKeys does?

--PB

·
Registered
175 Posts
The following forum is relatively new and I havent had the chance to check it out yet:
http://home.idearesources.com/webdev/ubbthreads.php

Mac developer forums seem to be popping up and dying real fast. Did you check out the Apple developer mailing lists? They are quite helpful, although there are lots and lots of posts to sort through.

A good site for mac development is also:
http://www.idevgames.com/

(Although mostly game oriented, as the url implies).

and they have a forum here:
http://www.idevgames.com/forum/

·
Registered
175 Posts
jfpoole: what sort of app are you talking about? A Carbon App or a Cocoa app? Can you use simple keyboard input? Or are you looking for something more. I myself have been programming in Carbon for quite some time, and have had my share of Cocoa experience. Contact me via ICQ: 40861574, or AIM: alesslovak if you want and we can talk.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PosterBoy wrote:
"Isn't that what QuickKeys does?"

Sort of; but what I want to do is have my application respond to the event, rather than have another application simply activate my application (if that makes sense)?

Google came to the rescue, though, with this article from unsanity.org. *sigh*. It's times like this that I wish there was an Apple equivalent of the MSDN Library.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would love to see a Canadian mac developer forum. There are a good few Mac Developers in Canada. (Toronto, Vancouver and Ottawa come to mind) and though the Apple lists are great for a specific topic, there is something appealing about being organized by geography. I've got some projects I'm going to start this year and would love to have a group to bounce ideas off of.

But a real developer forum, with source examples and such. Many such degenerate into advanced rumour mongering. Mac vs PC and such.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts