Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An anonymous ehMacian ;) suggested I post my desktop snapshot for all to see. So let's get the ball rolling - what does yours look like?

M.

·
Premium Member
7,115 Posts
LOL!

That's actually very clever...

EDIT: Here's my work desktop... nothing special, just a 3d model I did of my employer's logo. (click the thumbnail) I'll post my home desktop later.

[ July 08, 2003, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: mannyp ]

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
I've done several in recent weeks -- and not just desktop pics, but appearance overhauls

This one -- a bit older -- I got posted at Resexcellence.com; a great site for hacking your Mac's appearance:

Ice Cubes!

A kickarse Matrix theme.

Less busy, to show the power of Apple hacking through the Matrix code.

Brushed metal, systemwide.

Some handy Konfabulator plugins at work. :cool:

This one is actually a picture my six year old son took when we were at the Celebrate Toronto Fest on the weekend. I just don't know what it is a picture of, though! Might be a tarp with the sun gleaming off it. In any case, it's an interesting texture.

XP! :eek:

And, speaking or Windoze, check out this guy's OS X hack on his PeeCee! An amazing piece of work -- one that, if he wants to undo it, he says he'll have to REINSTALL WINDOWS TO DO IT! :D

[ July 08, 2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Macaholic ]

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
There's a new version (2.0) of StarfishX, the great freeware desktop pattern generator.

http://homepage.mac.com/mscott/

There are also versions for the classic Mac OS and even Windoze.

This thing generates some really cool patterns. There's even a special G4-only version that takes advantage of Alti-Vec.

Cheers :-> Bill

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
All right, now that I'm home I can show off my desktop

CM - Being anonymous is cool isn't it?

(Click on picture to see full size, this is only a small thumbnail)

·
Premium Member
8,815 Posts
jfpoole, you're running Panther!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
jfpoole - You are making me envious... but only I have a "living" and moving aquarium for my desktop!

Gotta love Marine Aquarium and xBack (Check on VersionTracker to get these programs and you can do what I did)

[ July 09, 2003, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: Chealion ]

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
I keep apps in the dock when I might want to drag something onto them or when they're open all the time anyway. I rotate black and white pictures I've taken as a backdrop.

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
jfpoole - You are making me envious... but only I have a "living" and moving aquarium for my desktop!

Gotta love Marine Aquarium and xBack
Chealion, I love your desktop. Where'd ya get it at?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Here is my desktop pic of my primary display.... I usually just use my secondary for itunes visualizations and ehmac chat.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Okay, how did everybody put the ehMac thingies on their displays that seems to keep track of certain threads? Is this something really obvious? I would appreciate knowning this if someone could tell me. Please and thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
jeac5 - What you are describing is the ehMac Konfabulator widget created by jfpoole. Their are several versions (jfpoole's, Heart's and my own). The widget run through Konfabulator gathers the information on the front page and tells you the latest posts, meaning you don't ahve to open a browser to see if there are new posts. And by clicking on the widget, you can open your browser and get taken right to that thread.

For more info read this thread: ehMac Konfabulator Widget (On page 3 you can download mine, and it is the latest version and is the one I am currently using.)

Also, for all of you who notice ehMax on several desktops (especially CubaMark's) that is the icon for the ehMac IRC Client used for the ehMac Chat Room.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts