Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this article at CNET. Dell goes wide.

Here's a link to Dell's Inspiron 8500 page.

Dell did beat Apple to the 15.4" screen-- only props I can give -- but the design of the laptop induces shudders. BLAH!

I hope that 15.4" screen shows up in the new AlBook -- replacing the current Ti -- whenever that is.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Does anyone have a trash bin I can throw up in? That is digusting... although they did lower the weight, so kudos to them for that... no more anvil to carry around, but its soooooo ugly... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 17" PowerBook is lighter too (6.8lbs vs 7.2lbs) + it's got the beautiful aluminum casing. :D

·
Premium Member
6,795 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jfpoole:
If I was going to get another PC laptop, it'd probably be a ThinkPad or a Vaio.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd check out some Satellites before I looked at a Vaio. That is just me though. As a warning, Sony's Customer Support is physically impossible, as it sucks and blows at the same damn time.

--PB

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
The blue and grey clashes. I wonder if it is grey like the tibook or grey like an elephant
They have colour kits so you can match your clothes lol
I had a Vaio they are nice notebooks. Very slim compared to most Dell notebooks and nice looking.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I think the designers @ Dell are color blind. I like how they mention that the unit is "as light as 6.9 lbs". That's right. w/o the HD & Combo drive. Anyhow, Atlas couldn't carry those. My bro has one and it is like an anvil. Nice try Dell. PCs still have a hard time getting it right.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Hmmm... looks like Dell has beaten their laptops with an ugly stick again...

:cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you scroll down near the bottom of the link, it states: Dell PCs use genuine Microsoft® Windows® 
Genuine?? Are there fakes Windoze out there that other computer manufactures uses? :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts