Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I want Safari as my default browser when I click on a hot link in Eudora .... why? because its faster and better and damit its Apple. I reset it in system prefs internet and all is well until I have reboot because of a new install of some sort and bingo bango its back to Netscape 7.0 Is there some way to make my selection of Safari 1.0 to stick past a reboot or am I missing something here

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I had a similar problem with Camino, Nutscrape, and Exploiter. OS X would refuse to remember my default browser. What I did was to remove the other browsers, thus making my default browser the default browser by default.

Once the settings decided to stay the way I wanted, I reinstalled the other browsers and all was good.

James

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so you say delete netscape and any other browser as active and then go to system prefs and select safari and safari will be the default browser of choice ?

thanks if that works

·
Registered
227 Posts
i may not be understanding the question but wouldn't it be easier just to change the default browser in the preference window of the program you are using?

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello,

I assumed he has done that already. I also assumed he has tried to set the default browser under the system preferences. Of course, you know what they say about people who assume.

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts