1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in another (deal) forum that you can get the Harman/Kardon Soundsticks

at Future Shop for $99. I went to the site:

>> Home / Computer Peripherals / Speakers - Computer / Speakers - Computer

and they are priced at $99. However, the picture is wrong. The guys on the other forum have ordered already. One person said it is a pricing error and that the specs do indeed describe the Soundsticks. I just posted in case anyone else wants to try and get them.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Very strange, the picture on the site is completely different from the specs and there is none online or at any of the stores. I also noticed that you only can buy Apple's one button Pro Mouse online for only $79.99?!? A Logitech two button mouse with scroll is cheaper but $40.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
j042 - The FutureShop site is horrible with Safari, if you are lucky you can go two or three links in and then you can't do anything. You'll have to use another browser.

·
ehMac KungFu Master
5,768 Posts
The FS site does a browser check and serves up Javascript as required. Problem is that Safari does not advertize itself as Netscape or IE, simply as a Mozilla compatible.

I'm sure the FS site only checks for Netscape or IE. To get around this enable the debug menu in Safari and set the user agent to Windows MSIE 6.0

This trick works on just about any site that gives Safari trouble however it should not be OUR responsibility to have ourselfves properly represented. Apple should make Safari chose the correct agent response based on what the server is checking for.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My bro in law has a set with his 17" imac and they sound sweet.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
MacGenius,

For what it's worth, there's no way for Safari (or any other browser) to determine what browser a server is checking for; browsers simply tell the server what kind of browser it is.

The Right Way to fix this problem is for web developers to stop checking browser versions and start using web standards. That way when a new browser is released the web pages should just work.

·
Registered
105 Posts
quote:
To get around this enable the debug menu in Safari and set the user agent to Windows MSIE 6.0

How do I go about doing this......
Ditto. I can't find anything remotely like a "debug" menu.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sorry to be a bit off topic here but I was wondering about MacGenius's comment
To get around this enable the debug menu in Safari and set the user agent to Windows MSIE 6.0
How do I go about doing this...... :D :D

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
The debug menu is hidden and has to be enabled using either the Terminal or another program.

Safari Enhancer will automatically turn on the debug menu and also allow you to change settings through Safari Enhancer.

There was also a thread earlier about Safari Enhancer.

And this thread answers your question directly.

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If anyone is in Vancouver BC there's A GUY who is selling theirs for $115!! Not bad if you missed the deal. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I really like the ones I got, and the price was great! But...

They have crashed and disabled my USB bus at least twice, taking my mouse along with it. I had to bring up a terminal and reboot from there.

It's a royal PITA. I'm thinking about running these on my XP machine...

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I put a second USB card in my B&W ($5 at a garage sale!) and put both the Soundsticks and my PowerMate on it. I'm thinking that if that USB bus goes down, then my mouse on my the other USB bus should be OK...

So far so good...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts