Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly, all the dates and times of posts have disappeared. Only the name of the member entering the last post is in the right column.

Anyone else getting this?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine are fine... but I know you can change the format now.. maybe you should change your settings so it will at least have something in that option?

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Everything seems fine to me, Alec.

I've noticed some other strange glitches but was wondering if it's a Safari thing. Sometimes the avatars are not showing up for me.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Strange! Logged out and back in, reset some profile prefs, and still no go. Bummer. :(

Running Explorer now - same problem. I assume it's not the browser.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Hmmm, I seem to have the same problem using Mozilla. I hope it clears up soon. Other than that, it looks great!

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
I know that the forums are only showing who gave the latest post and not when they did. And Vancouver lost :(

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
I just tried IE and Mozilla and all is working great. The dates and times are showing up for me in both.

You must have gremlins.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Nope, still can't get date/time, even in IE, either on my Mac or office NT boxen. :( I've looked at the preferences in my profile, and I don't see where any setting deals with this.

Any suggestions, anybody? :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
I'm not getting them either. I don't know what is going on, but it is a little frustrating not being able to back track to the last time you looked at the site.

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Well although the times may have disappeared, at least the new post indicators work and the new blue arrow to jump to new posts helps a tremendous amount.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Hey Mississauga, I know what you're talking about. When you see a list of topics, you only see the name of the person who did the last topic, not the topic and the date. The reason I turned this of, is because when both were showed, there was a big space between the threads. When I turned the date off, it was back to normal.

Which do people like better?

1. Both on with big space?
2. Just name of last person who posted?
3. Just date of last post?

I'm here to make everyone happy!

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the update, Mayor. I rely strongly on the date/time of a post to determine what's fresh. Personally, I have no problem with the extra space taken by the combination of name and date/time. I find the information very handy.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Date and time, please, Mr. Mayor!

I don't always remember who made the last post in a thread, but I usually remember what time I last checked a thread.

I don't mind the gap . . . except on a subway.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I put both the date/time and poster there with the gap. A litte extra white space never hurt anyone. ;)

Anyone else getting the problem of having the animated emoticons "stall" in their animations in Safari? Especially when composing a message where you select them? I think jfpoole is right, its a safari thing. Don't get the problem in IE. Also, the cursor jumping to the beginning of the text after inserting a emoticon or bold text etc.. is really annoying. Can everyone send feedback to Apple on this one with their bug report feature in Safari! Seriously. It's be nice to get that fixed while its in beta.

·
Premium Member
1,794 Posts
Thanks for bringing the date and time back.

Here is another suggestion that may help to get everything on one line.

Tu 11:45p

I don't think we really need the year and the month written out in the forum list. A shortform for the day and time should be plenty.

The full date, year, month, time can still be at the top of each posting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts