Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tiger Woods seriously hurt in car accident
Published 9 minutes

Tiger Woods won six PGA tournaments during the 2009 season, earning more than $10 million on tour.
AP FILE PHOTO
ORLANDO, Fla. – Authorities say Tiger Woods has been seriously injured in a car crash in Florida.

The Florida Highway Patrol says the PGA star hit a fire hydrant and a tree as he pulled out of his driveway early Friday in his 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle.

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital. His condition was not immediately known, though the news release said his injuries were serious.

The highway patrol says the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending. However, the highway patrol said the crash was not alcohol-related.
after his big come back year too :(

Hope he's okay

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
Just heard this on the CBC news. No word on the extent of his injuries. :(

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
I don't much like the details coming out now:

- Accident was single car, no other vehicle involved
- Time Was 2:30 a.m.
- Hit fire hydrant and tree in neighbour's yard

Beginning to look pretty suspicious to me. From CNN:

"The crash is under investigation and charges are pending, though it was not clear who could face charges. The accident did not appear to have been alcohol-related, the statement said."

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
So, before speculation runs too rampant ... is it going to hurt anyone here to wait until the facts come out?

·
Canadian By Choice
117,692 Posts
So, before speculation runs too rampant ... is it going to hurt anyone here to wait until the facts come out?
I agree. I just hope he is OK.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
More now from CNN:

"Windermere Mayor Gary Bruhn told CNN that local police arrived within two minutes of being notified. The golfer was taken to Health Central Hospital, where he was treated for facial lacerations and released, Bruhn said.

"I think it's nothing more than an accident," he said."

BUT, the question remains, "Where was he going at 2:30 a.m. and why?"

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
BUT, the question remains, "Where was he going at 2:30 a.m. and why?"
With THAT much money... wherever the heck he pleases.

:lmao:

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
FWIW I prefer insufficient information to the inaccurate info that the news media is usually far to happy to disseminate. Get the facts then report them should always be the order of the day.

·
Premium Member
30,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well accidents often happen close to home but this seems a bit over the top....

By Amy L. Edwards and Henry Pierson Curtis, Orlando Sentinel 4:00 p.m. EST, November 27, 2009

Professional golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident early this morning, the Florida Highway Patrol reported.

Woods, 33, pulled out of his driveway in the Isleworth community about 2:25 a.m. when he struck a fire hydrant, and then drove into a tree at his neighbor's property, FHP reported.

Woods was transported to Health Central Hospital in Ocoee in serious condition, FHP said.

FHP spokesman Jorge Delahoz said patients' conditions are always classified as "serious" if they are transported to a hospital.

Officials close to accident investigation told the Orlando Sentinel that Woods received facial lacerations. He was treated at Health Central early this morning and released.

A Health Central hospital employee said this afternoon that Woods is not a patient.

There are no other details available about Woods' condition.

Woods' agent, Mark Steinberg, told USA Today that Woods was fine following the accident.

FHP said alcohol is not considered a factor in the accident, and it is unknown whether he was wearing a seat belt.

The crash is under investigation, and charges are pending.

The airbags in Woods' Cadillac Escalade did not deploy, which means the vehicle was traveling under 33 mph, according to FHP.

Orange County Fire Rescue received the call for aid at 2:28 a.m. Woods was transported from his Windermere-area neighborhood by the hospital's own ambulance.

According to his official website, TigerWoods.com, he is in the middle of a two-week break in tournament play. Woods next tournament is Dec. 3-6 at the Chevron World Challenge in Thousand Oaks, Calif.
sounds like a domestic squabble....been there done that :(

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Habit forces me to analyze details as they become available on a breaking news story. Quite common if you know anything about the industry.
There's a subtle, yet important, difference between analysing details as they become available and printing conjecture.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
There's a subtle, yet important, difference between analysing details as they become available and printing conjecture.
If it was a prominent Conservative politician, would there still be conjecture over whether he was drunk driving?

·
Canadian By Choice
5,141 Posts
My visions have been shattered. I thought Tiger was a Buick man..... :)

If this had been 99.9999% of other people on the planet, it would not be news. Crap happens. Hope he's alright.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
86,940 Posts
If it was a prominent Conservative politician, would there still be conjecture over whether he was drunk driving?
Oh my, like I said if you don't know the game . . .

How the hell do you people think a news room works anyway? It's pretty much all conjecture until it is approved for print and that process takes hours and sometimes days, but you put what you know out there before the other guy does. :rolleyes:

And if it was a Conservative, I would treat it the same way. Besides, it's a forum, nothing is "printed" here.

Like I said, if you knew anything about the industry you wouldn't be making those kind of statements.

·
Premium Member
1,071 Posts
So here's what we know so far:

(1) Woods comeback year

(2) First drive into a fire hydrant

(3) Second drive into a tree

Sounds like his comeback year isn't working out too great. I'd blame the caddy. :D

·
Premium Member
15,709 Posts
Brilliant.

Sounds like a very, very minor accident.

So here's what we know so far:

(1) Woods comeback year

(2) First drive into a fire hydrant

(3) Second drive into a tree

Sounds like his comeback year isn't working out too great. I'd blame the caddy. :D

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Oh my, like I said if you don't know the game . . .

How the hell do you people think a news room works anyway? It's pretty much all conjecture until it is approved for print and that process takes hours and sometimes days, but you put what you know out there before the other guy does. :rolleyes:

Like I said, if you knew anything about the industry you wouldn't be making those kind of statements.
*NEWSFLASH* You're not in the newsroom. This is not a newspaper. You're not a reporter, reporting 'new' facts to us. We're not sitting waiting for you to tell us what you think has happened, perhaps, based solely upon what someone else has published and your added conjecture based upon what is at best second hand information.

1 - 20 of 221 Posts