1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by robert:
Who would buy this?
Robert
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone could probably make some money off of the lot. Buy the lot and then sell it by piece to cube owners or would-be cube owners.

Too bad none of them have a motherboard. At least with a chassis, enclosure and motherboard, you have the makings of a good cube.

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Jesus H. Christ !

all that legal mumbo jumbo and threats of re-listing if u don't send a certified cheque and if u are a '0' bidder, u must contact them within 24 hours OR ELSE !!

all for an item currently at U.S. $36 and useful for building a partition wall in your mac office.

even i am not that arrogant !!

i should by the whole lot just to cause them some grief.

who do they think they are? the white house?

Geez !!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah..yes, but the shipping will force you to morgage your house. :D
Robert

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
macnutt wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Macspectrum wrote "...even I am not that arrogant"

Hmmmm.....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was waiting for that. :D
Get along , you guys.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
And to boot...he's one of those sellers that makes positive feedback conditional on the buyer leaving a positive feedback first. Bunch of jerks!

·
Premium Member
30,990 Posts
That's the debris of one of the resellers that spent some time in Leavenworth for ripping Apple off on rebates.

Used to be MacWorks - then Shannon at MacResq bought the remainder of the biz.
It's just a pile of dinged Cubes and chassis they want to get rid of.
I wouldn't read to much into it. They just don't want any " I thought htese were real Cubes" come backs from people who can't understand the concept of auctioning JUNK

P T Barnum had it right. ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
i don't have any issue with what they are selling but with how they are selling it.

sheer internet arrogance. F*CK the customer. just who do yo think you are prospective buyer? u would think they are selling f-16's as opposed to shells of computers - aka plastic and some metal

no wonder people get so pissed at internet vendors

the customer is always WRONG all of a sudden?

i know there are issues with buyers but this total 180 is a complete shock

i could never, ever, speak to prospective clients like that - i hope they have to suck on each one of those cubeless cubes. :mad:

yes macnutt, EVER more arrogant than me... and EVEN more arrogant than you !!

(pats self on back) :D

now whether you are more arrogant than I or vice versa is still to be decided...

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
lmao

In order to receive feedback, please post feedback for us, and then send us an email telling us that, and also include a direct link to the auction so that we can quickly reach your item to post feedback for you. We're sorry we have to do it this way, but with hundreds of auctions every week, it's nearly impossible to keep up. Thanks!

All that for feedback geeze.
2406 Feedback is not enough eh.

·
Premium Member
30,990 Posts
Michael, Chris ( the language sounds like him ) was never known for his "bedside manner" and if you read most physical auction sheets the legalese is just as dense and as intimidating.
The pace of this type of business INSISTS that you cover all the possible issues in "no uncertain terms".
The subtext is - " if you don't like the language don't bid. Otherwise bid and shut up this isn't a tea ceremony " ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Mr. Chris or is it Mr. Mike? should realize that he is part of the problem and certainly not part of the solution as far as the internet vendors are concerned.

If I want to kvetch, then let me kvetch.

All i hear about is the 'speed of business', 'how busy everyone is.'
I got news for the vendors out there;
BUSY IS GOOD ! repeat, BUSY IS GOOD!
Never complain that you are too busy to do something cause one day something will happen and business will go south and then the vendors will be sending the buyers email, faxes, advertsing to try and lift sagging sales. You reap what you sow.

All Mr. Chris/Mike had to do was mention that these were just hulks of Cubes and they were just looking to clear their storage space.

·
Premium Member
30,990 Posts
You are certainly welcome to kvetch and I make no apologies for the attitude but I don't think Ebay stores = Internet vendors.
Ebay is a cesspool in IMNSHO.
I've bought millions of dollars from Mac vendors who I've never met and in the most part it has been and continues to be an enjoyable experience. The virtual nose to nose haggle by phone or email is fun without the worry of some shill bumping the price.
The best horsetrade is when both parties walk away thinking they got the best deal. ;)
Did I mention I detest Ebay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They would make great Gold Fish Bowls or Planters.

·
Premium Member
1,666 Posts
macdoc wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Did I mention I detest Ebay. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You did now, if it wasn't clear before. depending on what you're looking to buy or sell, eBay can be the greatest or the worst experience. It's certainly a "learning experience". I've goofed a couple of times before I learned my all the ropes, but overall I've had a good time. I've only been ripped off for $4.50 US after over a hundred transactions. Call me Lucky!

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Peter Scharman:
Call me Lucky!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Lucky. :D We're calling you Lucky from now on.

Hey, I had to get that one before some else did.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I, too, detest eBay, but I have to admit that I buy a lot of software for older Macs from eBay. I would never even consider buying anything off of eBay for more than, say, $10.00 or so, though.

I have nephews and nieces that have mroe great software in their home than I have in the elementary school where I work! And they have an LC 575 and a Power Computing Power Tower 180. It is really difficult to find great educational/reference software to run on these older machines, but eBay is great for this.

Anyone have any leads on buying old(er) Mac software in Canada?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts