Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I currently have an iBook (G3 700MHz) and need to look at a G4 based system for editing DV from our new camera. I am considering a G4 450MHz cube that is posted here on ehMac. Is this a decent system for DV editing or am I better served going with a faster G4 tower system? I do understand that faster is better but how much faster do I need to go before I start seeing real differences. I love the cube but want to see a real difference in export time from iMovie. My iBook is just too darn slow at this.

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the input guys. I will be using iMovie and this is only for home movie stuff. Nothing too big. My iBook is okay at putting things together but is too slow on the export, not to mention the small HD (20GB) and limited RAM (640MB). I just need something that will export faster, can take more RAM and bigger or less cluttered HD.

Besides, with a second system I can let iMovie chug along and still be able to use my iBook for other stuff.

thanks again...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.