Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wescoastie in exile
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been googling the hell out of this one with no success, hopefully someone here has an idea.

I've been playing around with some PS effect tutorials:
3d Metal texture

When I try to distribute the layers via vertical centers in step 6 Photoshop applies the distribution opposite to the stacking order so that the bottom-most layer ends up positioned closest to the top-most layer. see the first and sixth post of this Adobe help forum for a visual aide. The forum entry I've linked to is the only online reference I've been able to find after several hours of google-fu and reversing the layer order does not have the effect that the expert says it will (the problem persists). The only thing I have found that does work is to incrementally move the layers up by 1+ pixels, but that defeats the purpose of distribution.

Any help / suggestions etc... would be appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It does appear if the topmost object is on the right photoshop will distribute vertically in the wrong order relative to layers.

This should serve as a workaround.

At STEP six only distribute vertically.

CORRECTION ADDED:
Then reselect first copy through to first copy 60 or however many you did. NOT last copy this time. Then LAYER-ARRANGE-REVERSE to reverse the order of these layers.

Now reselect all layers from first copy60 through to last copy and distribute horizontally.

I think this will work.

·
Wescoastie in exile
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does appear if the topmost object is on the right photoshop will distribute vertically in the wrong order relative to layers.

This should serve as a workaround.

At STEP six only distribute vertically.

CORRECTION ADDED:
Then reselect first copy through to first copy 60 or however many you did. NOT last copy this time. Then LAYER-ARRANGE-REVERSE to reverse the order of these layers.

Now reselect all layers from first copy60 through to last copy and distribute horizontally.

I think this will work.
Perfect! Thank you for the assist, that was driving me crazy... shame that it has to be a workaround, but it beats moving everything by hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.