Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows where the best/cheapest place to buy an upgrade to CS3? Adobe.com has 15% off right now but I don't want to get hit at the boarder for fees.

I also had one of their live chat people tell me I didn't need to buy 2 copies for 2 computers that one would cover both. I don't think that would be right if 2 different people are using it right?

·
Premium Member
31,013 Posts
We still have a few PS to 2.3 Desgn Premium with free CS3 upgrades ( best deal by far) and full CS2.3 ( with free CS3 Premium design.

There is not much margin in the upgrades from CS to CS3.

·
Premium Member
23,459 Posts
Just wondering if anyone knows where the best/cheapest place to buy an upgrade to CS3? Adobe.com has 15% off right now but I don't want to get hit at the boarder for fees.
Buy & download online, no border fees. Although, depending where you download it from, you may end up paying GST (even stateside).

I also had one of their live chat people tell me I didn't need to buy 2 copies for 2 computers that one would cover both. I don't think that would be right if 2 different people are using it right?
My understanding is that duplicate copies are for, say, a desktop and a laptop which aren't going to be used at the same time. Sounds like a liberal interpretation of the rules.

·
Premium Member
6,076 Posts
Buy & download online, no border fees. Although, depending where you download it from, you may end up paying GST (even stateside).

My understanding is that duplicate copies are for, say, a desktop and a laptop which aren't going to be used at the same time. Sounds like a liberal interpretation of the rules.
Any places (other than Adobe) offering the software for download are almost certainly illegal, and/or scammers.

Just checked, and you can download a full version (the trials are full, and can be activated with a serial) from Adobe. I would be VERY cautious of third parties offering a download though....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts