Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, due to reading a thread here a couple of weeks ago about printer drivers taking up mucho space, i decided to delete my excess drivers.

the scene: two weeks later.....

i'm at school right now and i didn't realize i could access the various networked printers via WiFi and my connection onto the schools netowork.

do i need the drivers back? if so, do i just get back off of my jag disk? or do i scour the net for the specific driver?

i'm gonna attempt a test print, so we'll see.

any help is appreciated! thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
If you are concerned about your hard drive space, find out which printers your school uses and just install those drivers. You can find them on the manufacturers' website.

Cheers.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, i know rick, i know....

BUT ANYWAYS! it all worked fine. no drivers, nothin. i just have to be sure i'm sending it up to the mac lab to be printed, and not any of the PC labs. :D

Phil

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
Heres my first "I told you so..."
Well not a complete I told you so, but better to post what I posted:
(Can be found here:
http://www.ehmac.com/cgi_bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001889

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chealion:
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by emceepj:
[qb]what about rendezvous?

apparently, my school will have printing set up over a wireless connection soon. would i need those printer drivers, to use the sytem at school?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quite possibly, although you don't NEED them as most printers include the drivers on CD and they are on the web, so you could install them if you want, but its if you just want plug and play, leave them in... All depends on how much work you want to do in order to access the network and how much you really want that space. Its like an apendex, you'll live without it, and leaving it won't hurt any either...[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So don't worry, it'll still work, just means an extra 5 minutes on the web...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts