Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What the hell is this?

There's a link at the very bottom of this page. It looks like ":K:".
http://www.apple.com/mpeg4/

Clicking on it brings up nothing. Remove the "/babble.html" part and you get this:

"August 06

Old friend, I hold the file.

From what I gather by watching you, I have information you desperately want. Information about the accident.

Of course, I cannot simply give it to you. That would be too easy. I could turn the other cheek, but what fun would that be?
No. You will have to earn this.

Before you call in reinforcements, remind yourself of these three words: Mutual Assured Destruction.
We do not want to make a mess now, do we?

If you doubt me, view this: inmyhands.jpg

To get your hands on the file, use your head. Bring me the keys .

Start in reverse .

:K: "

Is that weird, or what? Any ideas as to what this is? I can't get onto http://www.apple.com/support to find out - it seems to be locked up.

-SJ.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whoops - that "nothing" page has a hidden reverse french message on it. This is what it says:

"Je sais que vous avez un endroit spécial dans votre coeur pour beemers.
Vous devez voir mon noir 1974 2002 coupe.
Vérifier le NewYorkTimes a classifié premier le 14 août, 2002."

Translation:

- I know you have a special place in your heart for beemers. You want my black 1974 2002 coupe. Check the New York Times Classifieds for the 14th of August, 2002.

Of course, I couldn't find it. The domain name is registered through Tucows. A traceroute hops well over 30 times from Winnipeg.

I found a thread from Maccentral that saw this as well, so I'm not the first to see it, i guess.

Whoooo...... Halloween is sooo clooose....

-SJ.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Halloween is INDEED close. Not only that, but....

The totally shocking wierdness that is the internet occaisionally rears its ugly head.....

This is an interesting period in human development. Several different realities present themselves as fact. The Truth is very hard to find, amid all this squalor.

Choose wisely. ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh. stupid me. And such old news, too.

Ugh. Sorry. Why didn't anyone post about this before? Jeez. I should have done a more throrough search on :K: .

-SJ.

·
Distinguished Citizen
215 Posts
Sorry... I'm still not seeing the point. Is/was it a contest or just some elaborate riddle.
And what happens when you enter all the keys?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts