Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering what software/app I should use to take multiple image files (jpg/png/tiff) and make them into one. Not a collage, but a larger image. Like a wide photo (left half, right half) or newspaper article (top of page, bottom of page) that is acquired in multiple images, but can be put together into its whole using a Mac app. I know it can be done, but I am expanding my understanding of image editing with a Mac. Thanks.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Photoshop can stitch photos together to make a panoramic picture fairly easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,745 Posts
I use PhotoShop Elements. I do not use the Panorama feature. Start on the left and paste additional images one at a time. Reduce opacity on the top image then shift it, apply rotation, skew or perspective changes to either or both images till I have a small area that over laps perfectly. Then select the portion of the second image I want to delete. Follow natural features and apply about 15 pixel feather. Clear the selected area then return that layer to full opacity. Adjust density on either or both layers to achieve a perfect match.

Takes some practice but does a much better job than the software solutions. Reasonably quick once you get the hang of it.

Ideally images should be shot with normal or longer lens and the camera should be level, front to back and side to side. Otherwise using skew and/or perspective shifts becomes mandatory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts