ehMac banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks

ive got a couple weird things happening that ive never experienced before and was wondering if anyone knows whats happening. im running panther.

1. on occasion over the last few days my screen fades to blue for a quick second and then returns back to normal. the blue is the same colour as the startup background. its not a shock or pulse or anything bad (i dont think). it kind of looks like its fading to a screensaver (but its not).

2. this just happened a few minutes ago. i decided i needed a restart and when the comp started up, i was introduced to a screen ive never seen before. in the middle of the screen was the icon of the hard drive, on its lower left was a circular arrow (i assume its like a 'refresh' button) and on its lower right was straight arrow pointing to the right (i assume thats a 'next' arrow). i clicked on the 'next' button and that continued the startup process and it seems all is normal now. i dont know if this is a recurring issue as ive only ever seen it this one time and dont know if it will happen again.

so, any idea what these things are? my comp is a 1.42 ghz mac mini running 10.3.9

any and all help appreciated.

thanks

M

·
0 Posts
1. it sounds like it's trying to re-detect the screens attached to the machine, double check that your monitor connection is not loose ;)

2. sounds like you might have had the option key held down during startup, that's a hardware level built in way to choose your boot drive. Nothing to worry about there. If it happens every time you reboot and there's nothing wrong with (and you're not holding down) the option key you might try zapping your PRAM (hold down option+apple+P+R at bootup until the second startup chime).

Neither sounds like a big problem, hope this helps! :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mguertin said:
1. it sounds like it's trying to re-detect the screens attached to the machine, double check that your monitor connection is not loose ;)

2. sounds like you might have had the option key held down during startup, that's a hardware level built in way to choose your boot drive. Nothing to worry about there. If it happens every time you reboot and there's nothing wrong with (and you're not holding down) the option key you might try zapping your PRAM (hold down option+apple+P+R at bootup until the second startup chime).

Neither sounds like a big problem, hope this helps! :)

thanks mguertin

1. i checked the cable and reinforced it, so hopefully that fixes it.

2. as a matter of fact, my option key is a little wonky. thanks for the heads up.

thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts