Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mac Guru
14,627 Posts
You could buy Virtual PC 6.0 which has far better performance than any other version in the past, but I doubt it would be playable on that. Counter-Strike needs really video accerleration, and if you don't have it, forget it. Not to mention VPC doesn't even support hardware acceleration to begin with.

Fact: Buy Unreal Tournament and then download and install the modification Tac-Ops. That's Counter-Strike all over - just better. You won't regret it.

Or, you could find a used Orange Micro PCI card which houses an entire PC on a board, including a Intel processor, RAM and VRAM. Chances of Counter-Strike playing good on that are the same as Counter-Strike playing good on VPC.

Fact 2: No, you can't play Counter-Strike reasonably on your Mac.

I should also note that if you're attempting to use the PC version of Counter Strike on your Mac, then it will never open, no matter how much you shout at it. And, as you most likely know, there is no Mac version of this game nor will there ever be.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
MaTt-MaC wrote:
"I NEED TO KNOW IF THERS SOME WAY I CAN PLAY COUNTER STRIKE ON MY MAC PLZ HELP SOMEONE!!!!!"

I'm, like, so totally having a feeling of deja-vu here.

You can't play CounterStrike under Mac OS, because there isn't a port of Half-Life (the underlying game engine) for Mac OS. Valve started a Mac Half-Life port, but cancelled it in late 1999, and I doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

·
Vorlon Ambassador
5,295 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MaTt-MaC:
I NEED TO KNOW IF THERS SOME WAY I CAN PLAY COUNTER STRIKE ON MY MAC PLZ HELP SOMEONE!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

If you got PC friends or are a switcher, try one of the other first person shooters... Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Red Faction, etc... or one of the mods for these.

There's many good cross-platform games.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I played it for a while, to be honest it gets boring rather fast. UT or Q3 are still the best I think. The weapons kind of stunk I found.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by spencers:
If you want to play Counterstrike, go get a pc.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you wanna play games, get a PS2

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Sever wrote:
"I played it for a while, to be honest it gets boring rather fast."

I started playing Counter-Strike soon after it was released, and I must admit it was a lot of fun. The problem these days, though, is the sheer number of people playing Counter-Strike with some sort of cheat[1]. Sort of takes the fun out of it when your opponents can see through walls.

[1] This is true for most games, it seems, but Counter-Strike seems to be the worst.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.