Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
That's a handy link to bookmark. It underlines what many have been saying here on ehMac, use USPS if possible, and avoid UPS.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Site is nothing short of useless. In order to work well it needs to break down pricing by the exact method of shipment [I get most of my stuff shipped with UPS Expedited, it includes brokerage]. All I pay is taxes above the price I pay to the US Shipper. FedEx also has services which include brokerage.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I just took a quick glance - it seemed pretty useful to me.

I agree it does not break down the sub-possibilities within a given shipping method (I didn't see USPS Global Expedited either - nor the UPS variant you mentioned)

The UPS method you mention probably just buries the "brokerage" cost within a larger charge - which might be fine if your business or accounting practices can use that sort of lump sum payment method - I really doubt that UPS is doing their "brokerage" activities for free.

You can always act as your own broker - it just means that you will have to do that paper work. Some people think it is worth $5 to have that job done for them (and therefore prefer things shipped via US and Canada Post) and some people don't mind paying about $25 to have that job done for them (and they ship with UPS).

To each their own - the website does (from what I've seen) clearly indicate the difference in the main methods of shipping from the US. It may not be exact - but it does clearly say it is estimating.

Thanks for the link krs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts