Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thats a very useful solution to know...

I have a better solution, cut out the NT thing altogether and install an XServe! All the power, less trouble and they are sexy looking for rack mounts!

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now, now David,

I know you want to take over the world, but one step at a time.

NT/2000 servers are here to stay for a while for a variety of reasons.

Best to learn how to live with the "beast" than always trying to slay it.

·
Premium Member
30,989 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
macspectrum wrote:
Corruption of Mac Photoshop files on an NT server.

I just read the link, and I didn't see any mention of NT. Did you include the right link or am I just not reading between the lines?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I know that there is also a problem with the original Quark 5.0 and RAID sets across the network when you would save on both mac and PC to servers (both OS X, ASIP and NT/2000)

You would have to do a save as becuase if you saved it, quark file becomes corrupted. Nice. The most expensive desktop top app is also the crappiest. Thanks quark

K, don't nattering now. saturday night, going for beer

·
Banned
14,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jfpoole,

u r correct.

i got the link from the mac-nt list i belong to but it is possible that the problem exists amongs apple servers too

i always tell clients to copy photoshop files locally and work on them and never work on them across the server

so far so good

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
macspectrum wrote:
i got the link from the mac-nt list i belong to but it is possible that the problem exists amongs apple servers too

Ah, okay. The product I work on has had some issues in the past with async IO across a network (regardless of the client or server platform). It's fairly easy, though, to detect whether or not the drive you're working on is local or not and do the Right Thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts