Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asshole of the week, this guy, right here:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/coronavirus-claim-plane-westjet-flight-diverted-1.5452221

An Ontario man who caused a WestJet flight to turn around and fly back to Toronto claims his intent was to create a viral video when he suggested on the plane that he may be sick with the new coronavirus.

"It certainly wasn't a smart thing to do," James Potok, 28, of Vaughan, Ont., north of Toronto, said on Tuesday.

Potok, who describes himself as a frequent flier and an up-and-coming hip hop R&B artist, apologized to the 243 passengers aboard Flight 2702 to Montego Bay, Jamaica.

But Potok, who has been charged with mischief and breach of recognizance, claimed he didn't actually say he had the coronavirus. Halfway into the flight, he said he pulled out his camera, stood up, then asked if he could get everybody's attention.

"I said: 'I just returned from a flight from Hunan province.' I might have said: 'This is the capital for coronavirus.' And then I said: 'I don't feel too well.' And I looked around. I saw the reception of the people. They didn't seem too happy about it. I don't blame them. And I stopped recording and I sat back down in my chair," Potok said.

[....]
Asked why he performed this stunt, he said: "Well, it was really just to create a viral video, to get something that, in my opinion, would have gone onto 6ixbuzz," a Toronto social media site.

Potok said he wanted to create a video that viewers would watch and share.
[....]
Potok did get a reaction from a masked flight attendant, who marched him to the back of the plane and put him in a row by himself and made him wear gloves and a mask. And he did get a reaction from Peel Regional Police, who maintain a division at Toronto's Pearson International Airport.

Peel police officers arrested and charged him.

'People don't take it lightly'

Potok said he felt guilty when he discovered the plane was turning around and he had ruined the vacation plans of 243 people. "That bothered me." He said he never intended to induce fear.

(CBC)​

·
Premium Member
5,561 Posts
Asshole of the week, this guy, right here:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/coronavirus-claim-plane-westjet-flight-diverted-1.5452221

An Ontario man who caused a WestJet flight to turn around and fly back to Toronto claims his intent was to create a viral video when he suggested on the plane that he may be sick with the new coronavirus.

"It certainly wasn't a smart thing to do," James Potok, 28, of Vaughan, Ont., north of Toronto, said on Tuesday.

Potok, who describes himself as a frequent flier and an up-and-coming hip hop R&B artist, apologized to the 243 passengers aboard Flight 2702 to Montego Bay, Jamaica.

But Potok, who has been charged with mischief and breach of recognizance, claimed he didn't actually say he had the coronavirus. Halfway into the flight, he said he pulled out his camera, stood up, then asked if he could get everybody's attention.

"I said: 'I just returned from a flight from Hunan province.' I might have said: 'This is the capital for coronavirus.' And then I said: 'I don't feel too well.' And I looked around. I saw the reception of the people. They didn't seem too happy about it. I don't blame them. And I stopped recording and I sat back down in my chair," Potok said.

[....]

Asked why he performed this stunt, he said: "Well, it was really just to create a viral video, to get something that, in my opinion, would have gone onto 6ixbuzz," a Toronto social media site.

Potok said he wanted to create a video that viewers would watch and share.

[....]

Potok did get a reaction from a masked flight attendant, who marched him to the back of the plane and put him in a row by himself and made him wear gloves and a mask. And he did get a reaction from Peel Regional Police, who maintain a division at Toronto's Pearson International Airport.

Peel police officers arrested and charged him.

'People don't take it lightly'

Potok said he felt guilty when he discovered the plane was turning around and he had ruined the vacation plans of 243 people. "That bothered me." He said he never intended to induce fear.

(CBC)​

Jerk. Apparently he’s unfamiliar with the boy who cried wolf.

·
Premium Member
23,273 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts