Canadian Mac Forums at ehMac banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
FoxTrot!!!
Bill Amend's little comic usually has something to do with a Mac every few days... eg. Fruitworld, Jason going out as the Blue Screen of Death showing that Windoze sux, etc.
Also Ambrosia Software is a good place for Mac games, utilities (not many but a few), and some really interesting articles...

·
Premium Member
7,069 Posts
HMUG Manual
If you have to use the terminal, heres a comprehensive help to using various commands with specific refrence to Darwin (The UNIX variation that Apple uses).

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Once upon a time, there was a decent enough little OS called Apple OS 9. This OS seemed to fulfill the needs of many a budding digital artist, as well as professionals in the art's fields and some science types. Why, even folks with home computers were known to use this OS as an entertainment resource. One of these "users" came to depend on this OS so much, he decided to spend a significant amount of time searching for web sites that would help him make his experience with the Apple OS 9 as good as it could be.

One day he came across ScienceQuest, a university site dedicated to creating a perfect world for OS 9 users. With the help of many tips found on this site, the user managed to set up his OS 9 in such a way it became virtually bullet-proof. As a matter of fact, the user used to spend a substantial amount of his free time posting messages on forums telling folks it would be a cold day in h_ _ _ before he would make the move to the new OS X operating system because his OS 9 was SO good!

Well, he made that fated move to OS X in the late spring of 2002 and has never looked back.

His only real sorrow now is the ScienceQuest geniuses haven't updated their wonderful site as much as he'd like to see. But those students and staff are slowly making progress and maybe, one day, the user will find everything he needs at that one stop again.

OK. I know you're all excited to know who that user is, right? What? You already know? And here I thought I was being sneaky!

Check out the site. It's pretty good! Click on the "Information" link at the bottom of the page to get in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts